Have a problem with F29 on one Machine

Started by Jehuty, July 31, 2021, 07:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jehuty

Hello,

i have a strange problem on one of my FM Towns II. I own 2 CX20 and one 20F. On my main FM Towns, a CX20 i have a good CD Rom and it´s playing F29 fine.
On my second CX20 the game loads the Intro and after pressing a key it stucks. In this CX20 the CD Drive isn´t so good anymore but i got a Grey Tower Wizard and the Game doesn´t work with the ODE.
Now i got a third FM Towns, a 20F with a dead laser. But, if i build in the ODE or the drive in this one F29 will load fine.
Normaly the Game loads and plays the Intro. After pressing a key the drive stops the CD shortly, but starts immediatly and loads the game.
Not so on the faulty CX20, it stops and freezes.

tried many different Constellations with the 2 Drives and the Ode. After that i swapped the PCB and figured out it has something to do with the Mainboard.
But what ? Swapped the socketet Ic´s with no luck.

Anyone a Idea what is wrong with the CX20 ?
Perhaps a memory error ? Is there a System test tool ?

tried many different Constellations with the 2 Drives and the Ode. After that i swapped the PCB and figured out it has something to do with the Mainboard.
But what ? Swapped the socketet Ic´s with no luck.

Anyone a Idea what is wrong with the CX20 ?
Perhaps a memory error ? Is there a System test tool ?

dankcomputing

Jehuty

Yes, all the same original 386.
Tried with 6mb and the 2mb ram.

Cyothevile

You need the floppy disc that bundled with it. Floppy disc has executables that fix problems on certain CD rom drives.

Use the floppy disc and then try the game.

Jehuty

In the Neo Kobe archive there is no Floppy image, where can i get this ?

Cyothevile

I believe it's in the mame set since it's on their list.

If you really can't find it let me know.

Jehuty

Can´t find the image of that floppy disk.

Cyothevile

Jehuty

Jehuty

Cyothevile

Quote from: Jehuty on February 20, 2022, 04:36:17 AMAny news about this floppy disk ?

I'm sorry. This totally went over me. I just asked the dumper for the disk. Hopefully he has it.

Cyothevile

Quote from: Jehuty on February 20, 2022, 04:36:17 AMAny news about this floppy disk ?

Appearently his copy had damage.

There's another copy that will be dumped with no ETA.