Pinout for Japanese I-O DATA GA-VDII 3DFX Voodoo 2 Cards

Started by DeChief, August 02, 2021, 11:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeChief

Hi all, new here.

I recently got a few Voodoo 2 cards made by I-O DATA in Japan and they use an 9-pin mini DIN connector for VGA passthrough, unlike regular Voodoo 2 cards which use a VGA connector. I couldn't find the pinout anywhere online, so I thought I'd post it here and get it added to the GameSX wiki if possible. I'm lazy and haven't been bothered to actually get my multimater and tone out the cable yet, posting this is basically my way of holding myself accountable to actually do it :P I'll be testing more of the cards tomorrow and will do it then.

If anyone is curious, they work fine with retail Voodoo 2 and FastVoodo 2 4.6 drivers, I haven't tested them with anything else yet. The original drivers for Win95/98/98SE are also still available on I-O DATA's Japanese website as well:

https://www.iodata.jp/lib/software/g/156.htm

Cheers,
Chief
- Chief

DeChief

Here it is, these are both from the male view. 6, 7, and 8 are connected, 10 and 5 are connected, but these two groups are not connected to each other despite all being ground. Not sure what the deal is with that, it's entirely possible they're all connected anyway when plugged into a VGA card.

- Chief