News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

NES in a controller

Started by gannon, June 20, 2004, 08:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gannon

I'm actually putting a NES-on-a-chip into an nes controller. All I need to do now is pick up a few tactile switches for the controlls.
The only problem I've been having with it so far though is wiring the 72-60 pin adapter. I'm pretty sure I have it right, but if anyone knows a correct one I'd like to know what the exact conversion is.
Here is my site, it has a few mods, mostly to do with portablization.

DarthCloud

There all you need to known!

gannon

Yeah, thanks. It ends up I had one side of the port wired backwards <_<
I'll start working on it again later tonight.
Also, the cartridge port doesn't seem to like solder so does anyone have any ideas to make the solder stick to it better?

geebs61

Flux, mine is like a pen. You just write where you want the solder to go to with the flux pen, and it flows there like the salmon of capistrano.

Kalessin

Silly question perhaps, but where can you find an NES on a chip, short of praying (and paying through the nose for) you find a Tristar64?  I heard rumors they were in some sort of handheld Intellivision device, but I found the device and it didn't seem to have one...

atom

Lol, yeah those silly handheld intellivisions have intellivisions inside of them.
Ebay or import sites are your best bet for finding a pirate famicom.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

gannon

Actually I opened up my own store and I carry them there. Right now everything is pre-order only untill I get it in from my suppliers.
http://www.gannon.tk/store.php

atom

20 bucks isnt a bad price, but your spelling on that site is awful.  :lol:  I think youd help us out more by telling us who your supplier is!  B)

NFG

I was going to mention the spelling too, glad I wasn't the first.  My reputation as a hardass is already pretty significant.  =D

Tom61

Oddly, QVC (like the Home Shopping Network) carries a (changing) variety of Famiclones/NES on a chip controllers.

http://www.qvc.com/scripts/drilldown.dll?y...nt=2159&level=4

gannon

yeah, my spelling sucks, but at least it's still readible. What I hate most is when it's so bad you can't even read it.

Also, the Power Joy, which is the nintendo on a chip that qvc carried, is now only made in PAL format. It can be found at www.powerjoy.com

atom

After i posted that this morning i realized that my girlfriends power joy was a famiclone! She never let me use it she said it had crappy games on it! HAH! Her mom is a qvc addict so thats why she got it.