Looking for MOON SOLDIER II

Started by Armonte, September 17, 2022, 06:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armonte

Hello I'm new to this forum so apologies if this is not the correct place for this message.

I've started a wiki for x68000 doujin fighter MOON LIGHTS 2, specifically the win95 version. The game is really good and has a lot of charm, some people and I have been putting an effort into reverse engineering and modifying MOON LIGHTS 2, we already got parts of the decompression algorithm figured out.

Eventually we'd like to add characters from their previous games MOON SOLDIER & MOON SOLDIER II, but currently MOON SOLDIER II is undumped.

Here on nfggames forum, user SuperDeadite has demonstrated they have the floppy of the game and has uploaded footage onto youtube, stating in the comments that:

"This game is undumped and was thought lost in time.  But I've been unable to copy it, so it will be staying undumped for a long time."

"Sadly, this game has very strict copy protection.  Currently the only way to copy this one is via a Kyroflux, but only in RAW mode, meaning all you can do is make more floppies.  There is no way to dump an actual image file.  (Probably why this game disappeared for so long)"

video here:

Another user pipitanTV has demonstrated they also have the game and have uploaded videos, but they are primarily a japanese speaker so I have had trouble contacting them. video here:

So I'm here trying to contact someone who can maybe help me get this game dumped, as currently no dump (even one with copyprotection) exists and I'm just worried it will be lost forever. The games are very fun and I wish more people could play them, that's all.

Thank you for reading. <3

Cyothevile

Hello.

I have Pauline and Greaseweazle flux dumpers with extensive use on both.

If you manage to obtain a working game I can flux dump the disks no problem.

Cyothevile

This has been secured by me.

It will be dumped, studied and archived by the X68000 preservation team.

famiac

hopefully you'll be willing to share the rom

amazin

Quote from: famiac on March 02, 2023, 07:53:29 AMhopefully you'll be willing to share the rom

It's not a ROM.

famiac

Cyothevile

Remind me in about a week. The game dumped fine and discs werent damaged. Even verified the operation on an emulator

mixerjdp

Hello Cyothevile, is you dump functional? could you upload.

Cyothevile

I apologize for the delays. School had me busy last semester.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uE4iKK97s93gzFs0CZuXPqXdCIrOEjMA?usp=sharing

The SCP images are the flux images. D88 is what I ran on emulators.

amazin

Thanks Ben, tested the .D88s on a real X68K Pro, worked fine.
Written back to real floppies using the Greaseweazle.

photo_2023-06-10_11-21-11.jpg

photo_2023-06-10_11-19-31.jpg

darkwitchclaire

Is MOON LIGHTS 1 dumped? I saw that listed recently on Yahoo Auctions and I've been thinking of contributing to the preservation efforts by picking up doujin games and dumping them.

(MOON LIGHTS 2 was also listed but already has a lot of bids on it)

Cyothevile

Darkwitchclaire please send me a message if you wanted to be involved in 68K preservation.