FDD emulator FDX68 - Floppy Disk Drive Integration Tools per X68000

Started by Max, July 25, 2018, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caius

The final revision of 'FLIP-FLOP' will be soon available for purchase.It will properly handle the proprietary FDD signals (also the blinking LED one) allowing to load all games (single and multi disk).Stay tuned!

aotta

Quote from: caius on June 07, 2023, 04:42:05 PMThe final revision of 'FLIP-FLOP' will be soon available for purchase.It will properly handle the proprietary FDD signals (also the blinking LED one) allowing to load all games (single and multi disk).Stay tuned!
Good news Caius!
I handle all signals too, even blinking and lock mask in my open source board, and works with almost all games with multi disks, but can't make it running with Tunnels & Trolls: after the X68K eject the disks and ask for replacing, it didn't recognize i reinserted them: did you tested this games too with your flip-flop?

caius

Quote from: aotta on June 08, 2023, 06:01:23 AMGood news Caius!
I handle all signals too, even blinking and lock mask in my open source board, and works with almost all games with multi disks, but can't make it running with Tunnels & Trolls: after the X68K eject the disks and ask for replacing, it didn't recognize i reinserted them: did you tested this games too with your flip-flop?

My 'FLIP-FLOP' FDD emulator works with all games, also Tunnels & Trolls.You must analyze the proprietary signals in order to solve your issue, your Arduino code is simply based on info from HxC forum that Jeff posted :

https://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=465&start=30

aotta

Yes Caius, i used the info found on HxC forum, but I'm afraid my adapter didn't work at 100% because arduino is not fast enough to handle all signals before rising edge of OptX signals (2.5 microsec), not becouse info on forum wasn't rigth. But please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm thinking about moving to a pi pico hardware, but probably the easiest way is waiting your flip-flop! 😜
What about its price? Have you an idea about it?

rezb1t

Will the FLIP-FLOP FDD emulator work with an XVI Compact system? I'm very interested if so

caius

Quote from: rezb1t on June 25, 2023, 03:05:47 PMWill the FLIP-FLOP FDD emulator work with an XVI Compact system? I'm very interested if so

Yes, it will work also on Compact models.Right now I'm completing the testing before releasing the product.

Jollyroger

Following closely, I would be definitely interested in purchasing a couple of boards...

bleepbloop

Just checking to see if there's any time frame on when these will be available. Definitely interested!