BEEP FM TOWNS Maintenance Manual Scans Released

Started by Cyothevile, January 19, 2021, 12:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyothevile

In my research to document everything I can for this undocumented PC, I have received permission from the authors of this doujin to publish these online since BEEP no longer sells these magazines.  I specifically asked two times to get copies from BEEP and copies from the authors.  I explained I'm trying to make a 1:1 PSU replacement they were very nice and scanned them for me.  The information is extremely helpful and cuts out a substantial amount of my guesswork.  I will return the favor for them by mailing my gotek pcbs to them for free.

When I start editing the towns wiki page I'll include everything worthwhile here in English.  I'm about 99.999% sure nobody here can read Japanese without a translation tool. So I can help with this since I can read it at maybe a grade 2 level.

Things to note include:

-that the Desktops use the EXACT same power supply except the connector and wiring arrangement are different.
-Using CF cards as a hard drive
-capacitor list for fresh computer
-all power supply capacitor lists for every single towns computer. UX, TOWER, FRESH, DESKTOPS
-PSU pinouts specifically for the MX/HR/HG/MA desktops and Fresh desktops...lists even part numbers for the connectors!

-using an IOS midi device instead of a MIDI synthesizer
-different graphics cards for the towns

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YgcKPM7UD8X2-wZWtZpRzwDuT718MQMi?usp=sharing

mez

Thank you very much for these usefull documents and the wiki to come
if i could translate i'll help but unfortunatly i don't