Watch Ben Heck Fix My X68000!

Started by 3rdman01, October 27, 2020, 11:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdman01

A few months back my X68K suddenly started with a very low video output and no audio...I thought it was bad capacitors and after swapping a few out, I got it working before it failed again. On a lark, I reached out to Mr. Heck and he eventually took on my case.

Below is the link of the repair...the repair itself is a bit anti-climatic but a cute kitten makes an appearance and thus makes watching the video completely worth it. :)

kamiboy

Ah, so it was your machine he troubleshooted in that video. I saw it when it came out. Always a treat to see knowledgeable people work on a x68k.

amang

Quote from: 3rdman01 on October 27, 2020, 11:37:03 PMA few months back my X68K suddenly started with a very low video output and no audio...I thought it was bad capacitors and after swapping a few out, I got it working before it failed again. On a lark, I reached out to Mr. Heck and he eventually took on my case.

Saw that whole video. It's quite entertaining, yet at the same time also informational on how to disassemble the whole X68000 unit.

BTW, I saw in your SCSI harddrive you have a folder called "GAMES" with a Super Mario Bros games in it. Where did you get a copy of that folder?

megatron-uk

This isn't the one where he scrapes off several caps, pulling several traces off the board, is it?

hoshikawa

it was hard to watch if i'm being honest