SxSI-SCSI HDD Image v2.10

Started by incrediblehark, June 16, 2023, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like the next release to be sorted by genre instead of alphabetically?

Yes
9 (69.2%)
No
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 27, 2023, 12:33:41 AM

incrediblehark

Quote from: aotta on March 07, 2024, 08:36:47 AMI continue suggest you to add more SCSI volumes as told in some previous post, not sure if it works with scsi machines but it would be great for SASI ones! ;)

I've been thinking about this lately, a good way to add another drive as SCSI ID 1 or something similar, but wonder how to manage that while still keeping a good compatibility among multiple machines and scsi devices.

darkwitchclaire

Is there a way to view the games partition in DiskExplorer? I can view the other partition fine but when I select the second one it gives an error.

rezb1t

Quote from: darkwitchclaire on March 18, 2024, 01:36:08 PMIs there a way to view the games partition in DiskExplorer? I can view the other partition fine but when I select the second one it gives an error.
Yes, incrediblehark made a guide on how to do that, you can find it here:

https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=7333.0

spectreman

Quote from: incrediblehark on June 18, 2023, 05:13:17 AMHey thanks for the feedback, and glad it's working well for you so far! Let me know if you come across any issues.

Hi, thank you for the excellent work done.
I wanted to let you know that Super Hang-On won't start.
When the 128 seconds of waiting are over, the countdown starts again infinitely.
I tried removing all other games, it runs normally.
I'm guessing it's a file conflict.
I didn't add any other games to the disc image.

I also tried Bonaza bros. , works fine booting my X68000 XVI at 16MHz but at 10MHz it won't boot.

Tests carried out on the X68000 XVI, 12MB RAM (TSR brand) on HENKAN BANCHO PRO.

incrediblehark

Thank you for reporting the issue, another user had a similar issue before and I thought I had fixed it, so I'll look into it again before the next release.

v2.20 will be soon, finishing up my midi testing and adding more doujin games from the recently released pack. Took some time off to work on the retrotink modes for x68k so I'll be back to the hdd image this week.

HIggy

@incrediblehark I watched a YouTube video featuring the HD image, it sounds like they have been in contact regarding the Music player and MIDI files.
I know when I tested it I could not 'see' the .MID files, so it is good that the reason has been found and being looked to be fixed.

Sometimes it is difficult to know if it is 'user error' or fundamentally there is something not setup quite right. It's nice they kept persevering and came up with an answer.

incrediblehark

@HIggy yes that's right, there's another thread on here where some discussion was made about the midi playback issues, i appreciate the help in solving the problem as I hadn't spent a lot of time setting up MMDSP, focusing more on games, and these issues motivated me to fix it for the future release.

Now I have a script set up to load the driver you need based on what file type you would like to playback. In my v2.20 you can use mcdrv or rcd to playback .mid files but mcdrv seems to process the file faster.

I also just wanted to add it's pretty cool to hear about a video made about the hd image!

armitage

Quote from: incrediblehark on April 13, 2024, 02:13:41 AM@HIggy yes that's right, there's another thread on here where some discussion was made about the midi playback issues, i appreciate the help in solving the problem as I hadn't spent a lot of time setting up MMDSP, focusing more on games, and these issues motivated me to fix it for the future release.

Now I have a script set up to load the driver you need based on what file type you would like to playback. In my v2.20 you can use mcdrv or rcd to playback .mid files but mcdrv seems to process the file faster.

I also just wanted to add it's pretty cool to hear about a video made about the hd image!

Thanks for all your hard work on the image!

For those who are just hearing about this new image for the first time, the video in question is here:

ateam

Quote from: armitage on April 13, 2024, 03:07:50 AMThanks for all your hard work on the image!

For those who are just hearing about this new image for the first time, the video in question is here:
<REMOVED FOR QUOTE>

Thanks for sharing! This is a great video covering this excellent HDD image.

owen2471

@incrediblehark Hello. I would like to use your image on my X68000z is this possible ?

Thank you

incrediblehark

Hi! I do not own an x68000z mini but there is some talk of getting it to work on another forum. Here is a link discussing the Z mini using an hds image via USB:

https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/sharp-x68000-z-a-decent-alternative.1244932/

Page 2-3 go into how to set up an hds file to use on the z. I don't own one so I can't say for sure what does and doesn't work, but I plan to import one at some point soon and do some testing myself.

owen2471

That's brilliant. Thank you I will take a look.

owen2471

I've only had my z a couple of days but it's a great little machine

spectreman

HI,
I noticed in this HDD image, that by pressing the L key, selecting the letter C: you find the Multimedia folder.
I'm curious to try my X68000 XVI at 16MHz as you see the videos and photos created by me.

The problem is that I don't know the programs for Windows 11, suitable for creating compatible movies or images, can anyone help me?
Thank you!!!