Anyone who has Success with YSSCSICD.sys

Started by Jehuty, March 13, 2020, 02:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jehuty

Hello FM Towns friends,

i am new and own a CX20. That thing will cost me my last Hair. Nothing works.

First the PSU was dead. After Recapping and fixing some resistors it was back to life (i thought so).

First the CD Rom does only read CD´s when the drive is in Horizontal position.
So i thought a little bit tuning on the laserpoti will do the job - but that wasn´t so.
Next i tried to tune the Laserplate - but this broke into many parts.

So OK the Internal drive is definitely dead.

I read about the ysscsicd.sys driver which redirects the internal CD to an external drive.
But i can´t get it to work. The V1.1 Boot Disks does boot some seconds and then stops - nothing more only the loading clock.
Only the V2.1 L20 Boot Disk boots and executes the Autoexec.bat on my CD - but no CD will work. Turbo Outrun stops Booting after executing Poff and Splatterhouse stops on an "Towns OS" loading screen. Same with TownsOS.
After some time the FMT doest power off with a click on the PSU (I think i have to change this tu a ATX one)

If i copy the ysscsicd.sys to an sdcard it hangs after initiliaze the drive with some Numbers.

So could anoyone help me ?
I had much Trouble with Amiga, C64 an X68000 / X68000 XVI - but every machine gave me some lucky moments - the FMT doesn´t.

Jehuty

Seems like MS Dos 6.2 on the image is the problem with ysscsisd.sys.
While i got the v1.1 Bootdisk running and got managed to install TownsOS 1.1 on a 2nd partition on the sd card i got some more games to run.