I need your final suggestion.....pls

Started by Max, January 03, 2020, 05:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

Hey guys, as a owner of a wonderful Pro II with 4mb ram, midi card and a nice Scsi2sd set up, able to play all games now.... I was just wondering what could me lead to own a more advanced and powered X68K?...just want to know definitely if, you were in my shoes, would accept to afford and buy another model like the 68030 fo instance with much more ram etc....maybe there some games not playable at all with my current X68K..!! I do not know actually.....
This question comes because I need your expert opinions and finally make my double sweep away once and for all.....
thanks for helping me in advance.....

Ps: maybe with an accelerator card I could get to te goal though.....I'm all ears for the best solution......I'd really want to play games such as road blaster, thunderstorm etc.....

SuperDeadite

There are games that benefit from an 030, Mahou Daisakusen, Geograph Seal, bunch of doujins.  Worth the money or not is up to you though.  As a long time XVI owner, I am too used to 16mhz, and would never buy a 10mhz only machine, buts thats me.  Many people are happy at stock speeds. 

Road Blaster and TS are more tech demos then anything else, on a stock 030 they run at 7fps.  14fps if you are insane enough to buy an 060... The dvds they come on contain Windows 10 compatible versions too, so little point to the sharp version outside of pure curiosity.

Max

Quote from: SuperDeadite on January 04, 2020, 04:00:49 PMThere are games that benefit from an 030, Mahou Daisakusen, Geograph Seal, bunch of doujins.  Worth the money or not is up to you though.  As a long time XVI owner, I am too used to 16mhz, and would never buy a 10mhz only machine, buts thats me.  Many people are happy at stock speeds. 

Road Blaster and TS are more tech demos then anything else, on a stock 030 they run at 7fps.  14fps if you are insane enough to buy an 060... The dvds they come on contain Windows 10 compatible versions too, so little point to the sharp version outside of pure curiosity.

Thanks you SuperDeadite, as always mate you are exhaustive and I'll take into consideration your precious tip....
I have been a Pro II owner for more than 2 years and quite satisfied with 4mb able to run all games.....certainly the "speed factor" is limited to what you clearly mentioned...!
I was curious about some games here and there but I may use the Win versions or test them out  through a good emulator set up...btw I'd like to emulate a x68030 but with xm6g I cannot find the right set up though....any suggestions and/or link with a good solution?....
many many thanks guy

vanpeebles

I think an XVI would be perfect for you. Stuff like the 68030 is for the ultra high end advanced user :) Way beyond my skills!

famiac

To emulate the 030 you ought to try xm6i. You might have to download your own bios files.

Max

thanks mate....I did it and now it works great!!!