So my 68k has a red tint

Started by DejahThoris, June 23, 2019, 02:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DejahThoris

Recently recapped a CZ-600CE and it has a red tint to its image.  Curious if anyone else has had tinted image issues on one of their units and what fixed it and/or where I should start investigating to fix this one.

JulBS0

Hi,

On the bottom left of the motherboard, you will find three potentiometers, labelled VR1, VR2 and VR3. They are used to adjust the strength of the red, green and blue video signals.

DejahThoris

Quote from: JulBS0 on June 23, 2019, 04:41:49 AMHi,

On the bottom left of the motherboard, you will find three potentiometers, labelled VR1, VR2 and VR3. They are used to adjust the strength of the red, green and blue video signals.

Thank you.  I was suspecting that's what those were, but in the event they were something else it would have been a bad idea to be playing around with them, ha!

cauterize

Quote from: JulBS0 on June 23, 2019, 04:41:49 AMHi,

Thank you for this too! For ages I thought my monitor needed recalibrating and it was doing my head in. I had no idea about these potentiometers!

For anyone with ACE model, these are inside the graphic board and can be tweaked without dismantling the unit (aside from removing the outer case)

LowDefAl

I believe the Ace, Expert and Super all use the same RGB module. Possibly the XIV as well, I'm not sure, but have seen it reported as such before. I think it's twice the size in the original model.