SCSI boot on X68000 XVI

Started by breadboard, December 16, 2018, 03:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadboard

Hi Gang,
  I was able to get my hands on an XVI and am trying to add SCSI hard drive to it via CF to SCSI converter and custom internal cable. I am able to boot off a master disk v3 floppy (config.sys below) and see drive C, however, the system is not able to see any SCSI IDs if I boot without floppy (picture also attached). I am fairly new to these systems so please assume that my understanding of things is very poor. I tried to follow https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:hard_drive_on_sasi_machine, however, was not able to get any SCSI ID identified. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to be able to boot my XVI directly from SCSI ID 0 (which scsiformat on floppy sees) or if I am stuck with booting off floppy first. Many thanks.

Jehuty

Did you install the SASI Bootloader in Sram ?
If so, the XVI got SCSI and you don´t need the bootloader. It should have scsi not sasi.
Try clearing the Sram and select ID0 to boot from in switch.x

If it doesn´t boot for the first time, hit help key on startup and select the bootdrive.

breadboard

I installed the bootloader initially but then cleared SRAM (by holding down CLR on bootup) and set BOOT to SCSI0. Now the system boots correctly from SCSI! Thank you for your help.