Some Questions about XVI

Started by Jehuty, May 29, 2019, 03:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jehuty

Hello Forum,

this week i got my X68000 XVI from Japan. Like many of them the PSU was dead, really dead !

Changed it to an 240V (i´m in Germany) ATX PSU and the Machine powers on. But i got no Picture.
And the XVI stuck in this. When i insert a Floppy and make a reset (or powerup) it will Boot, Display Picture and works fine.
But it seems booting is only up to Human OS 2.x. When i insert a Disk with HumanOS 3.x (Masterdisk) it will short boot and freeze, no Picture.

Last i tried to attach a scsi HDD to the XVI and then it will Show the Bootscreen and boots into the Masterdisk.
Changed some Setting in Switch, but when i inplug the scsi HDD the XVI freezes into ist black Screen.

Could this be while the Batterie is dead ? Yesterday i disasemble the whole machine to clean it up and desoldered the Battery. Next Test is today after work.
But hast the XVI a normal Battery or a rechargable ?

And the Machine seems to have any Kind of overclock, could this be a cause of the noboot ?
There are 2 more Oszillatorsm, one IC and a Switch on the front. Later i willl try to post some pics.

Jehuty

Ok i will answer myself, the 1A Fuse on the external SCSI adapter was blown. So the termination was defect.

Jehuty

Two new answers - the Softpower button had bad contact, this was the cause of the Power Off.
2nd - the Overclock seems to be 20Mhz. Found on the HDD Image the CPUPower tool - it says 200% of an 10Mhz X68000 whenn overclock is on.

P.s. had to change the C264 too cause Poweroff wasn´t stable.