Sourcing a 1MB and then 4MB expansion card

Started by z00pster, October 19, 2018, 02:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z00pster

Hi,

A friend is selling me an X68000 ACE and it comes with 1MB of memory. I'm looking to purchase - presumably from Japan - a compatible 1MB and ideally also a 4MB expansion card. What are the best ways to resource a memory card? Is Yahoo JP the only option? And finally what would the right Japanese search terms be? :)

Thanks
Zoop

PS I used to own a X68000 Pro but foolishly sold it about 10 years ago with a stack of games.

Bradleyz

How big is this large data source? How much data can I get because I suspect that this large content has deleted the database?

mqarkcambie

I just use Zen and look through the results of searching for X68000.

https://zenmarket.jp/

Apparently lots of other people are looking on Amazon Japan too as it's very rare to find something without lots of bids. >:(

You can almost guarantee that what you want will be there after a week or so of checking back in, however the chances of you getting it for a good price are slim. Zen make the process very easy, and it was pain free for me. The only thing I don't like is having to put money into their account that they hold and bid with, it would be nicer to not have money sitting tied up elsewhere.

Pick the highest possible price you're willing to pay and put that in and keep your fingers crossed. Also don't forget to look for auctions with buyout prices (The equivalent of eBay "buy it now").

mattsoft

Yeah, Yahoo Auctions Japan seems to be the best place for stuff. I use DeJapan.com as the proxy service and they've been very good. Just bought a 1MB expansion for my ACE to bring it up to a whopping 2MB.

hdcorp

What the Price you want ??

Beep shop sell compatible RAM expansion board

mez

Hi
I have a PIO6834 -1M to sell
coming from a working PRO II i'm pretty sure it fits into ACE models, have to check

z00pster

Decided to hold off on the X68000 ACE purchase for the time being. Will be looking again in the new year. Thanks for all the responses.

John

z00pster

Just purchased an XVI in a 68030 case with 4MB and SD Card ready to roll. Very happy!