Can not run file LHES: press any key to return

Started by Hoagtech, October 11, 2018, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagtech

I just got my XVI yesterday and all games were working fine.

This morning I pressed something that gave me access to the root directory. I clicked it and the game started but I couldn't use my controller or keyboard.

I hard reset my XVI and now I cant load any games. I get music sometimes and the most common error code I see is

"Can not run file LHES: press any key to return"

Is this a common problem? How do I get back to playing these sweet games?

ShootTheCore

Run SWITCH.X and make sure that it's still set for the correct amount of system memory.  I had a problem like that once where my CMOS settings got erased and it thought it only had 1 meg of memory.

Hoagtech

How do I run switch X?

I am a total x68000 noob but would really like to solve my issue.

This is what my loading screen looks like :

famiac

hit esc twice to enter the command line, then type switch and hit enter

EDIT: Esc then Q

Hoagtech

I was told it had 2 gb system memory with either 6 or 8 mb added memory. Would I allocate for the full amount or just the system memory?

Hoagtech

Quote from: ShootTheCore on October 11, 2018, 08:58:14 AM
Run SWITCH.X and make sure that it's still set for the correct amount of system memory.  I had a problem like that once where my CMOS settings got erased and it thought it only had 1 meg of memory.

Hitting esc once brigns me to a "quit" menu. Hitting it twice cancels the "quit" menu and brings me back to the loader page?

My available memory also say "371 kb" when in fact I have 8+ megs.

How do I fix this?

Jehuty

hit ESC or Q one time and then choose "Startup Path". Now type switch.x and the X68 should load the switch Tool.

Switch is like a Bios and here you must tell him how much Ram he got.

Choose the first Option "Memory" press enter and Choose the amount of Ram your Hardware has.
After that press enter again and choose the last option, press enter and choose Y to save.
That should be all.

Hoagtech

Your the man @jehuty.

That worked a charm. I love this machine