News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Xellent30Pro repair

Started by repoMan, October 14, 2017, 10:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repoMan

Being my first post here I must warn you that I'm a big fan of Japanese computers, starting from MSX and ending with the most obscure systems, I've some special interest for Sharp systems, got some of them! :D

So, talking about X68000, I've a Xellent30Pro accelerator board that needs some repair, at first it's lacking the two electrolytic capacitors C35 & C36, could anyone check for me what are the values of these caps?, I believe that all the Xellent series has the same capacitors although they're not labelled as the Pro ones.

kamiboy

Best bet is to find some good auction or website pictures and verify. I've used this method to identify missing caps from PC98 input boards before.

repoMan

Thanks for the help!, in fact that's what I tried at first and I didn't find nothing, only small pics, blurred ones or simply, not the right angle :P. The best result was a Youtube video!; but again, not enough clear to let see what's in the caps.

Of course, no docs or service manual out there...:(

kamiboy

For rare and unusual Japanese hardware such things are very rarely found.

repoMan

Yep, indeed, I still have high hopes of finding someone that can take a peek inside his X68000 or maybe, a Xellent accelerator resting over his desk :)

rkrenicki

I know this is a really old thread, but the caps are both 100uF 10V