FM TOWNS 2 HR PSU ATX MOD

Started by gypsie, September 03, 2018, 07:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gypsie

Hello,

Me and my friend Raizing77 have working together to do this atx mod. Tested and working! THIS MOD IS ONLY FOR FM TOWNS 2 HR VERSION

The fmtowns original plug is a 16 pins connector with a total of 5 wires colors => orange (x1),yellow(x1),red(x1),brown(x7) and black (x6).

FRONT :

REAR :

WARNING!!!!

All brown wires have not the same voltage

Pin 1 (orange) = no use (fan on original psu)
Pin 2 (yellow) = no use (don't know what is used for=need futur update)
Pin 3 (red) = no use ( used to start the original psu)
Pin 4 to 8 (black) = ground                  ==================================>  BLACK ON ATX PSU
Pin 9 to 12 (brown) = +5V                   ==================================> RED ON ATX
Pin 13 to 14 (brown) = +12V               ==================================> YELLOW ON ATX
Pin 15 (brown) = -12V ( used for sound) ================================> BLUE ON ATX
Pin 16 (black) = ground                        =================================> BLACK ON ATX

DON'T forget to connect GREEN pin with a BLACK pin on the ATX PSU, so your FMT can power on when using the rear switch of the ATX psu.

With the correct correspondance, it's very easy to connect  the ATX psu .

ATX to FMT adapter :

For the FMT connector, i ve cutted the 4 pins on the right side of a ATX connector.

This mod is working very well but need some update  ( for using front power switch on the FMT for exemple)

I hope that this mod could save many FMT 2HR ;D