issues and questions with the GKA-AT68 ps/2 adpater

Started by srtomiz, June 17, 2018, 10:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srtomiz

Hi,

I'm a new user of a sweet grey ACE, which came, of course, without keyboard and mouse, I built the adapters for both devices and now it works with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse, but I'm having two distinct issues with my keyboard.

• I'm missing some keys like the yen symbol, on the real keyboard it should be just behind the backspspace but on the ps/2 keyboard the key behind it is the ^ symbol, I need to know how the ps/2 adapter maps the keys on the ps/2 keyboard to x68000 keystrokes, does anyone have this mapping or do you know where can I find it, I've been checking Mr. Sawada website with no luck.
  • Also, sometimes the input changes to a weird kind of bigger fonts that the system cannot read (every command I enter gives an "command not found" error), is this a problem with the adapter or is some kind of input mode I need to change?.

Thanks in advance.

srtomiz

I managed to fix this but still don't really know whats going on...

Quote from: srtomiz on June 17, 2018, 10:29:06 PM
I'm missing some keys like the yen symbol, on the real keyboard it should be just behind the backspspace but on the ps/2 keyboard the key behind it is the ^ symbol, I need to know how the ps/2 adapter maps the keys on the ps/2 keyboard to x68000 keystrokes, does anyone have this mapping or do you know where can I find it, I've been checking Mr. Sawada website with no luck.
I've found some mappings here: http://www.8bity.cz/2016/sharp-x68000-ps2-keyboard-adapter/ but still didn't found my yen symbol yet...

Also, sometimes the input changes to a weird kind of bigger fonts that the system cannot read (every command I enter gives an "command not found" error), is this a problem with the adapter or is some kind of input mode I need to change?

I've found that you can go back to normal typing by pressing the "\", the one on top of the TAB key, now everything works fine again, I don't know where is this key mapped to on the real x68k keyboard, but that's how it works. By the way the error it gave was "Bad command or filename" just in case someone need to find this post.

Looks like I'm getting somewere after all...

neko68k

Yen is \. They are the same thing. If you'd like to see \ instead of yen there is an option in 'switch.x'. Boot from a Human68k boot disk and run 'switch.x' at the command line. There is an option that says XCHG that lets you change that. It's purely a visual thing.

I'm not sure about your mappings but it sounds like you've switched to full width characters. There is a button for that on the keyboard.

srtomiz

Yes, that's must be the key, now I know it's mapped to the "\" on the ps/2 keyboard, another one for the list  ;D

Still haven't found the yen symbol-\ key, I've found that LHES and some commands takes the "/" as a path separator, so that's a semi working workaround for me.

Thanks for your answer.

Jehuty

I use the same adapter and been searching for the underline "_" key?

srtomiz

I think I know what's going on, I think Mr. Sawada mapped the x68k key strokes to a Japanese ps/2 keyboard.

The thing is, the japanese keyboard has 106/109 keys, but the english ps/2 has only 104 keys. The yen symbol is in the same position that the x68000, but my spanish keyboard doesn't have that key, maybe that's why I can't find it.

If