super streetfighter II the new challengers/Strider Hiryuu

Started by Max, February 02, 2018, 05:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

I want to test these games and I'd like some tips to put the floppies into in the correct order as both games come with 6 floppies plus system disk for SSFII and 2 floppies plus system disk for S.H but I cannot work it out as first I cannot see the screen due to the 16mhz mode but I know how to unlock it at the end of the game loading....Does anyone know it?...I 'm trying doing that since having only 2mb of ram I cannot start them all from the scsi2sd lhes....

SuperDeadite

Strider:  System Disk in Drive 0.
After the system auto-ejects the system disk, you put data disk 1 in drive 0 and data disk 2 in drive 1.

Super Street Fighter 2 requires 4mb minimum.  Will not boot on a 2mb machine.  (Street Fighter 2' however only requires 2mb).

Max

Quote from: SuperDeadite on February 02, 2018, 10:50:45 AM
Strider:  System Disk in Drive 0.
After the system auto-ejects the system disk, you put data disk 1 in drive 0 and data disk 2 in drive 1.

Super Street Fighter 2 requires 4mb minimum.  Will not boot on a 2mb machine.  (Street Fighter 2' however only requires 2mb).

thanks mate I'll do that....what a pity for SSF2 I read somewhere It could work loading it from floppy but I think I have to give in unluckily unless I find a 2mb ram expansion to add to my Pro II already with 2mb....
cheers :)

update: I have just done as you wrote to me here, successfully loaded system disk  but when it finishes loading disk 1 on drive 0 then it stops and does not load anymore from disk 2 on drive 1, as the combination of button I found  and reported here below does not work and let me display 31 mhz, do you know any other correct combination?...the one here worked for me with other games though....

Menu navigation:
button 1
down
button 1
down 4 times
left/right to select resolution

SuperDeadite

SF2' (Champion Edition in the west) will run off floppies on 2mb.
It also runs beautifully at 10mhz.

But Super Street Fighter 2 requires 4mb, no way around it.  Also, your 10mhz Pro is a bit too
slow for it anyways.  It needs 16mhz to play smoothly.

Regarding Strider, just load the game on an emulator, then you can see the menu setup for yourself.

Max

Quote from: SuperDeadite on February 02, 2018, 09:37:59 PM
SF2' (Champion Edition in the west) will run off floppies on 2mb.
It also runs beautifully at 10mhz.

But Super Street Fighter 2 requires 4mb, no way around it.  Also, your 10mhz Pro is a bit too
slow for it anyways.  It needs 16mhz to play smoothly.

Regarding Strider, just load the game on an emulator, then you can see the menu setup for yourself.

good suggestion for the menu....for the rest I  only need finding an expansion at least 2mb so to have 4 but first it's not that easy and secondly just for a game or two it might not be worth purchasing it....!!! What do you think about ?

Max

I have just had a look at it but it says junk item....I have never bought on japan buyee...what do you suggest?

Max

the price seems good but maybe because it does not work....I do not what to do...

repoMan

This kind of items (interfaces, expansions, etc.) are rarely tested, junk usually means untested. Of course there's always the risk to buy a faulty item; but I usually take the risk.
This RAM upgrade is only 2MB and can only be used with systems already expanded to 2MB; so it won't attract too many bidders. It's exactly what you need :)

Max

Quote from: repoMan on February 04, 2018, 04:56:08 AM
This kind of items (interfaces, expansions, etc.) are rarely tested, junk usually means untested. Of course there's always the risk to buy a faulty item; but I usually take the risk.
This RAM upgrade is only 2MB and can only be used with systems already expanded to 2MB; so it won't attract too many bidders. It's exactly what you need :)

I'll take the risk!!!!
;)
tks for your tips though...

Max

Quote from: repoMan on February 04, 2018, 08:45:33 PM
Good luck!

here I am mate and thanks for your tip, at last I took the risk but It was worth doing it 'cause the 2mb board works and I have been trying starting some games from folder 3 to test it/them.....I do not know, as I wrote in the topic with another guy here, why I'm still having trouble starting  SuperStreetfigher 2 ....seems not to work ::)

update (solved): I got into the root of the game and pressed Q twice and it worked.....!!!!

vanpeebles

I'm not fussed about Street Fighter, but Strider is excellent! I love the megadrive version back in the day, but the X68000 is even better.

Max

yes I agree with you....I played it yesterday...awesome!!! I'd like to play SSF2 and other even far better with a good joypad at least having 3 buttons so to perform all the moves but I cannot find one available and not so expensive....any suggestions?..Now, I have been using an ordinary Amstrad joypad ompatible both with MSX and Sharp x68k, it works flawlessy but it has only 2 buttons...

samaron

You could wire up a 6-button Mega Drive controller. Discard what it says in the wiki about the first wiring diagtam being wrong. It is the first that is correct.

Max

Quote from: samaron on March 05, 2018, 08:14:35 PM
You could wire up a 6-button Mega Drive controller. Discard what it says in the wiki about the first wiring diagtam being wrong. It is the first that is correct.

so you mean I can simply use one of my megadrive joypads and it'll work great.... :o
I am a noob at building-soldering stuff....

samaron

Soldering together the adapter is as basic as it gets. Very easy. It has to be the 6-button controller, not the normal 3-button.

Max

ok, I'll look into it soon....thanks mate!!!!
ps: I might have the chance to get a copy of the game Street Fighter II' along with the sega adapter in the box so just in case this could be used with megadrive joysticks/joypads...