SCSI2SD Internal HDD LED

Started by cawley1, January 19, 2018, 12:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cawley1

Guys,
Got my SCSI2SD finally installed today, with the HD image from the site. It's all working a treat, I need to work out a way of mounting it in the case, but that should not be an issue.

I wondered how I set it to flash the HDD access LED on the front of the case? I have one of the internal SCSI cables often sold on Yahoo Japan, with the separate wire for HD LED, but where do I plug this?

I also noticed the SCSI2SD has a 'HDD LED' jumper on the PCB. This is currently closed - is this to enable the LED when the wire is attached?

Let me know,
Thanks,
Paul

leonk

check out the scsi2sd wiki. i think you need to remove jumper and plug led into that spot. But need to know +|-

samaron

On my XVI i completely desoldered the LED from the board that has the LEDs and ran wires from the SCSI2SD to it. The LED is mounted in a holder, which keep it in place eventhough it is desoldered. Not sure if this is the case on other models.

famiac

Did the same on my expert. Worked great until i opted for an external setup :P

cawley1

Another thread I left hanging!

I should have said I removed the jumper on the SCSI2SD and put the wire that was on the ribbon cable I got from the Yahoo Japan guy onto one of the pins - it did nothing... I then swapped it to the other pin, and the HDD light works perfectly. Mystery solved.

I should also say I received a MicroSD extension cable I got off eBay today (basically a ribbon cable with a MicroSD slot on one end, and the other end plugs in the MicroSD slot on whatever hardware you are using -  on my X68000 SCSI2SD this works a treat! So, now I have the case back together, but I can swap MicroSD card easily as I fed the ribbon out the back.

spud

Sorry to revive this thread. But I'm still in a 2 steps forward 1 step back X68000 journey.

I also bought an MicroSD extension cable. But it doesn't work with my SCSI2SD in my X68000 ACE. It does work with my Raspberry PI. Would this got something to do with the length of the cable (48 cm) and it's the cheapest I could find on Aliexpress.

Do you have a link to the cable you bought? Thanks!

Just for testing purposes, would it make sense to disconnect the Molex power and power the SCSI2SD via microUSB?