News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

X68000 Pro Need Recap

Started by Mjc45131, December 28, 2018, 01:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mjc45131

Well my x68000 Pro II today powered on, but has an error message, so I guess it's in need of a recap. Does anyone know of a person that can perform this in the US? Thanks!

haightc

what was the error message?   I don't know of a place that does these but these are a single board making them much easier than to recap than their tower cousins.

neko68k

Quote from: haightc on January 04, 2019, 08:12:15 AM
but these are a single board making them much easier than to recap than their tower cousins.

They are two boards not counting the IO riser and the FD/HD breakout board. They're just a lot easier to take apart because everything is flat and open. The recap process is more or less the same for all machines except Compact units which use surface mount caps.

haightc

Quote from: neko68k on January 04, 2019, 08:19:21 AM
Quote from: haightc on January 04, 2019, 08:12:15 AM
but these are a single board making them much easier than to recap than their tower cousins.

They are two boards not counting the IO riser and the FD/HD breakout board. They're just a lot easier to take apart because everything is flat and open. The recap process is more or less the same for all machines except Compact units which use surface mount caps.
I could have sworn when I last opened my ProHD II it was one single board, also to the OP where are you in the states?   Thinking about it there might be a a couple I think of that might be able to do it for you.     Since the Pro units are really heavy you would want to find someplace locally as possible.