News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Question about LCD/TFT

Started by popolon_hinotori, November 25, 2017, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popolon_hinotori

Good morning

I have a question about monitors to use in X68000, I have one CRT Sharp x68000, but I don`t have much room to put it.
I looking for a LCD or TFT monitor, So I know so many monitors don`t allow 15 khz or 24 khz, Now I`m searching for a model with all khz, but, while I searching one of this I could  use any other monitor?

For example I can buy Nec Multisync 1550v, I think this one Can`t allow 15,24, right? but model 1550M do it.
So, my question is if I use a monitor that doesn`t suport 15 or 24 Could brake x68000?

I don`t know if I expressed well...my english is not good yet...>_<

Thanks to everyone!

SuperDeadite

NEC LCD Accusync 71V  is typically easy to get, and it works with all 3 output modes.

popolon_hinotori

Thanks to reply!

I try to get this one!

But, if you use a monitor that doesn`t suport 15,24, you could breake x68000?

kamiboy

samaron

Why would it break the machine? Doesn't make any sense.

I'd recommend testing a monitor before buying. I bought a Samsung SyncMaster 710N, which according to the wiki and other lists on the web, is 15 + 31 kHz compatible. It turned out it could only do 31 and not 15 at all (nor 24 for that matter).

vanpeebles

I also bought a Dell one that everyone said online does 15khz, only to find it doesn't, so definitely do your homework!  :)

popolon_hinotori

Samaron, I read in some forum that if you conected X68000 in some LCD monitors you can "burn" graph chip.

vanpeebles

Is that not without an adapter fitted?

samaron

I see. Still, I believe no damage should happen if the adapter is properly wired. I use an LCD monitor my self. Nothing out of the ordinary happened when it was directly connected, nor has anything happened to my XPC-4 which I use now. The adapter I use is the one that came with an XPC-4.

leonk

So what is the correct way to make the adapter??

The wiki here shows 1 way (which I believe might be wrong!) and then there's the "follow the standard".  Let me show you what I mean.

Wiki:  https://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:x68000_to_pc_monitor_cable
Pinout of X68000 and VGA:  https://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:japanese_rgb-15

According to Wiki, Pins 2,4,6 on X68000 are connected to GND.  But what about 8 and 12??

On VGA side, wiki says: 4, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11 are connect to ground.  But according to Wikipedia:

pin 4 is ID2/RES and pin 11 is ID0/RES.  The correct pins that should be grounded I believe are 5,6,7,8,10

Thoughts?

popolon_hinotori

I use this Vga-Adaptor in TFT monitor, At the moment I can`t get any Nec monitor here in spain....I keep searching, while I use normal TFT monitor.

popolon_hinotori

By the way, I have X-RGB3, could Use it with TFT monitor to use Scanlines?