Trouble with PCE Controller

Started by landsat, April 23, 2017, 12:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landsat

Hi,

I have just found my old PCE controller (PWD-624) and all of them do not work properlly => button I and II never work.
I have start cleaning every contact with no luck :(

My console works perfectly, i have try another controller and it's fine and i have try my controller to another PCE and there is the same trouble.

Someone have already have this trouble ? My last chance is to change 74157 IC...

If you have any idea, it would be great.

Regards
Nicolas.

NFG

Well, we can rule out a broken wire - I and II use different lines to the console.  If your other controller works, it's not the console at fault.  If UP and RIGHT work, then it's probably not the '157 (because I and UP use the same output, same with II and RIGHT).  It would be weird for both I and II inputs to go bad at the same time...

Both I and II are connected to ground only when the 74163 chip says they are.  It's the autofire chip, and if it's not working, I and II fail, but the rest of the controller will be fine.  So I'd suspect something in the autofire circuit.  Bad or corroded switches, or a dead chip, or something else not directly related to the I and II buttons on the PCB.

To be sure, try using a bit of wire to connect ground to I or II buttons manually.  Or directly to the '175 chip.  Doing this will bypass the '163 and you'll know for sure.

landsat

First I have try to 157 with not luck, UP and RIGHT still work.

I will try the trick for the auto-fire.

thanks

landsat

Hi Lawrence, was true, auto-fire was fautly. I have clean auto fire switch and now everythings.

thanks a lot