Midi on FZ Senki Axis?

Started by Psygnosis8, November 02, 2016, 01:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psygnosis8

So, on all other Wolfteam games, pushing that button to the left of the Help key while booting activates MIDI.  It's not working for FZ Senki Axis, however.  I've gotten it to work before.  Anybody know how?  am I just not pushing it at the right time  :D ?  It boots lightening fast on a CF mod...

Pinwizkid

I've noticed on Granada that the game will crash on the Wolf Team logo with MIDI enabled if you load the start.bat file from LHES. However, if you use the Q + Q keyboard shortcut to load the game, it will work. I usually push the button down immediately once the screen goes black. Maybe try that?

Psygnosis8

I will, thanks!  So um...what's the Q + Q shortcut method?

Pinwizkid

If you have the HDD Image V4 installed, if you navigate to the directory of the game you want to play (the folder with the start.bat file in it) and hit the Q key twice, it will load the game. From the readme:

"A new feature is added in V4 which makes launching
games very easy. Navigate with LHES to desired directory
and press Q key two times. This will exit LHES, unload
HIOCS.X driver and launch !Start.bat if it is found in
the current directory."

Psygnosis8

Cool!  This is the V2 mini image but I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

Psygnosis8

Success story!  Load via QQ method slowed the boot down and I was able to get the button push in.  Voila! 

Now I just need to pass the first level.  I was really good at this game on the Genesis when I was a kid...this is tough as nails.