SHARP X68000 XVI on NEC XM2950G

Started by emerald danjon, October 01, 2015, 09:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emerald danjon

Hello all :).
i have this problem with this monitor NEC XM2950G,when i try to see 15KHZ frecuency i get this:

the 31KHZ image is great:

i think this Monitor is capable too work with 15 khz...i hope somebody have a solution  ;D,
thank you very much in advance!.

emerald danjon

Well,this "Thing"

have dip switches in the back...,
and looking the Operator Manual in the Net...now is fixed :D,

Dip switches Bank 2 move the dip number 2,and now all works ok.
thanks anyway guys,and if someone wants a monitor for X68000 i think this is a nice One,
i am really happy with this Huge Thing xD,
Cheers.

SuperDeadite

I assume the dipswitch changes sync from C to HV which is all the X68K outputs.
As for the XM29 it doesn't support 24khz, but it's still a great monitor for most people if the price is fair.

emerald danjon

Pity the 24khz...,and i suppose is needed touch this Dips if you choose work with others Machines...like NEOGEO or FMT...,
little tricky,but still works for me.

emerald danjon

Sadly i need to say the problem is not fix  :-\,
for some reason sometimes works with 15 khz,and sometimes just not,is like needs time ¿?¿?,for this reason i thought the problem is fix,

and when i try use some Console via S-VIDEO the image is really BAD,
maybe the Monitor have some kind of issue.

emerald danjon

Quote from: SuperDeadite on October 02, 2015, 12:21:46 AM
I assume the dipswitch changes sync from C to HV which is all the X68K outputs.
As for the XM29 it doesn't support 24khz, but it's still a great monitor for most people if the price is fair.

if this Games are running on 24khz this Monitor supports 24 khz,i think is the PLUS MODEL who dont support 24 khz,is possible?:

BlueBMW

A good one to test 24k with is Fantasy Zone.  Press the help key to switch to 24mhz mode.  I tried on my XM29+ and it did not display it.

emerald danjon

Hey BlueBMW,
please Check this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhvKOdvc5wY
i think the "MID"are 24 khz,and with Dragon Knight III works on 24 khz too...,
tomorrow i can try with FantasyZone but im pretty sure works,

the Only thing i can't understand is why dont work with 15 khz from the Start,the monitor needs time,is like he needs be warm first,
but for 31/24 khz works great from the very start,
greetings.

kamiboy

emerald danjon

Kamiboy that have logic to me,for some experiences with Jamma PCB,s and the capacitors...,in some others machines too,
but LOL what a BAD LUCK this affects 15khz only :o,
thanks.

kamiboy

Or good luck. If it only affects one resolution maybe the fault is easier to trace, and repair if you know what you are doing.

You could be "lucky" and it turns out to be a clearly bulging or leaking capacitor. Why not open up the back and give the capacitors a visual inspection?

emerald danjon

Quote from: kamiboy on October 04, 2015, 09:39:52 PM
Or good luck. If it only affects one resolution maybe the fault is easier to trace, and repair if you know what you are doing.

You could be "lucky" and it turns out to be a clearly bulging or leaking capacitor. Why not open up the back and give the capacitors a visual inspection?
Maybe some day i dare...,
this morning for some reason works on the first try with the 15 khz.

and supports really great the 24 Khz,
i need an PC98!,
greetings.

BlueBMW

I guess I'll have to give it another go.

emerald danjon

Quote from: BlueBMW on October 05, 2015, 02:07:05 AM
I guess I'll have to give it another go.
I think the "Plus" Model dont support the 24 khz,but the "Plus"model supports High Resolutions...,

one question:
is needed some Resistors in the RGB X68000 Cable?,
thanks.

emerald danjon

Hi all.

i think im doing well...,i have this adaptor for SCART:

i think the V SYNC is not needed for use things like JAMMA PCB,S or NEOGEO CONSOLE...15khz stuff ¿right?,
nothing works,
and when the Monitor is warm and is working nice with the X68000 on 15 khz still dont work with this other stuff like NEOGEO or JAMMA PCB,S :o,
is like the Frecuency"SYNC"is not correct ¿?.
yesterday looking into the Monitor i dont see nothing wrong...no Leaked Caps...,

thanks & have a nice day.

Opethian

I just use the VGA port on my 2950 never tried to use the BNC for the X68000

frankmonk

Damn..... I wish i can find a spare Part for my xm2950 to get it back working!! :'(

emerald danjon

Hey frankmonk,is tricky because is really REALLY heavy...,
but i suppose an Regular CRT Technician must be capable to Fix...
"i think...i hope... ::)",

mine works great on 24/31 khz and 15 khz via VGA "needs be Warm for  15 khz",
but is not capable to work with S-VIDEO or RGB Imputs,always i have strange problems ::).