schematic diagram for SHARP CZ-607D

Started by lucave, August 03, 2015, 12:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucave

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, so first let me introduce myself. I am a 36 year old guy who is a enthusiast of the X68000; I own a XVI model. I am here to gather knowledge about my machine and to seek some help. My SHARP CZ-607D 14 inch monitor is dying. It's whizzing, smelling bad (something is burning inside) and the image is vertically squashed. I don't even want to turn it on before taking it to a capable repair guy, but I don't own the schematics and I can't seem to find them just by googling it.

I had a source in Japan who could ship stuff to me for a price but I believe she's gone now. Maybe I will never be able to buy another monitor again.

Someone here owns a diagram? I could buy it. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

hyperneogeo

The capacitors in those are long over due, check those first.

kamiboy

My own X68000 monitor sometimes acts a bit strange, what with flickering brightness and colours going and coming back.

I suspected capacitors so I popped open the back, but saw no visible proof via bulging or leaking caps, so I just got rid of a bit of accumulated filth on the inside and closed that baby back up. I'd rather wait until the faults are persistent before I dive into a full on recapping. I do not have the wherewithal or the funds to do a full recap preemptively.

Opening the back up is easy enough though, and you might be able to see the problem area with the naked eye. Look for burn marks on any of the PCB's, or bulging or leaking caps. That is if you want to do it yourself. Also, do not touch the thing that looks like a suction cup, I am serious, that area is loaded with high voltage which will remain charged for days/weeks and could get you killed.

If you rather want a professional to look at it, then any CRT repairman worth his salt should be able to locate the problem without the aid of a diagram.

lucave

Thank you very much for those quick answers! It was very knowledgeble. I've entered in contact with a traditional repairshop here in my location and they say that they can do it. I will take the monitor there and I will let you know!

I won't open the CRT myself, but I know for sure that touching the flyback can result in death. I've heard some stories.....  :)

I was kind of desperate about it, but you're giving me hope. Thanks again!

caius

Capacitors go bad though they visually remain intact without bulging or leaking or altering its capacitance, this is due high ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance, one component of the impedance) caused by the dielectric aging.I'd check all capacitors with an ESR meter.I recommend this model:

http://shop.anatekcorp.com/index.php?src=directory&view=products&srctype=detail&refno=2&category=Component%20Analyzers

lucave

Hello There again!

I know this topic is very old indeed, but I'm on the need of the schematics or datasheet for that old monitor, CZ-607D. I don't mind if the information is all in japanese. The same monitor I've fixed on 2015 is broken again. Now it's headed for a full recap, but there are damaged traces on the circuit and the technician is asking dearly for this material.

If someone knows a way for obtaining this material - even if I have to buy the printed schamatic - or has any info about repairing this monitor and is willing to share, I would be very glad.

Thank you all for your kindness and patience.