Check out this 3.5 floppy adapter

Started by amigo-mexicano, August 12, 2015, 09:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo-mexicano

I found this auction for a 3.5 floppy adapter, so X68000 can read Windows formated floppies (which ended pretty expensive, BTW). It doesn't look that hard to make, but I haven't found any info on how to make one...

Anyone has an idea? Maybe the instructions to make one are lost in a far far away japanese forum...
From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com

SuperDeadite

There's really nothing special going on here.  It's just a standard PC floppy drive which has a bit of hardware to make it compatible with the X68K Extension FDD pinout.

As the auction clearly says it requires the 9 Sector Disk Driver to be loaded to make the 1.44mb format readable in Human68K.

caius

I built it some time ago.It requires a driver called 'EXPFD' in order to be recognized but anyway you can't boot disks from  (external FDD will be set as 2-3)

amigo-mexicano

Quote from: caius on August 12, 2015, 04:49:35 PM
I built it some time ago.It requires a driver called 'EXPFD' in order to be recognized but anyway you can't boot disks from  (external FDD will be set as 2-3)

Cool, could you share the instructions to make it, in case you still have them? I'd like to try it :)
From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com