Doujin Games Bidding FUND (See Post 10)

Started by hyperneogeo, March 12, 2015, 10:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Doujin Game group fund?

YES
12 (66.7%)
MAYBE
4 (22.2%)
NO
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

X-Col

Up to $292 with 40 minutes to go......
Crazy money!

Update:
Still the same at 10 mins, at least our guy is winning  :)

Fingers crossed everyone!

Update:
Looks like we won it for $300  ;D

skpstmgs

hyperneogeo

gabby32

gabby32

famiac

Sweet! We got it.

Edit: if people want their money returned, it should be redistributed using the formula:

(percent contribution) x (remainder) = return sum

gabby32

Quote from: gypsie on March 20, 2015, 04:24:37 AM

Do you have it in xdf format ?

The game was never published on the floppy diskette. Size of game more than a floppy disk, so there was an incomplete version.
Game fit on a floppy disk without the fourth stage. Possible or not install game on two floppy disks, I do not know.
Game was released with source code on this CD.

hyperneogeo

Quote from: famiac on March 20, 2015, 03:15:10 AM
Sweet! We got it.

Edit: if people want their money returned, it should be redistributed using the formula:

(percent contribution) x (remainder) = return sum

Yeah, if anyone wants their money returned...let BMW know, if not...we will use the rest to get more undumped games.

skpstmgs

Thanks for uploading Angel Dive, gabby32! Works great  ;D

rancor

Update:

Game was paid for last Friday - should be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday.  I'll post pics when it gets here, then it'll be shipped off to CA via Express Mail for Mr. hyperneogeo to work his magic.  Hopefully you'll all have your copies early next week.   ;D

hyperneogeo

Yeah it's being sent to me because BMW doesn't have his ripping setup at his house..I just hope it doesn't have protection on it.

caius

Quote from: hyperneogeo on March 24, 2015, 06:04:28 AM
Yeah it's being sent to me because BMW doesn't have his ripping setup at his house..I just hope it doesn't have protection on it.

Are you going to use Kryoflux USB floppy controller?

famiac

I doubt it will have protection. You'll be fine. Try dumping with omniflop, or you can dump direct from x68k using DPACK

hyperneogeo

Quote from: caius on March 24, 2015, 08:53:10 AM
Quote from: hyperneogeo on March 24, 2015, 06:04:28 AM

Are you going to use Kryoflux USB floppy controller?

No, but if it needs it, I have a few people around here.

caius

Quote from: famiac on March 24, 2015, 09:30:22 AM
I doubt it will have protection. You'll be fine. Try dumping with omniflop, or you can dump direct from x68k using DPACK

Can DPACK dump also protected sector?

famiac

I don't know if DPACK can dump a protected disk.

rancor

Lookie what showed up in the mail today:   8)

I'll ship it out to hyperneogeo tomorrow morning via EMS.  He should have it this weekend. 

hyperneogeo

Okay I got the game and dumped it. A few people suggested I don't post the link here (due to some concerns), but instead....do it another way..so go on efnet #x68000 and get it there.

famiac

hyperneogeo

It's interesting to note, it mentions a CD Music mode in the manual / game itself. I haven't seen a CD included with any of the auctions though.

caius

First of all thanks to all people involved in this wonderful release!
I installed it through its installer on a SASI HHD image and I posted a download link on #x68000 IRC channel.

P.S.
Game requires 4MB of RAM when installed and 2MB when launched from FDD.

X-Col

Great news!

Never used efnet, don't even know what it is to be honest.
I did donate to the fund, and wondered if someone could help me grab the game dump?

AnnaWu

Quote from: X-Col on April 01, 2015, 03:55:06 AM
Great news!

I did donate to the fund, and wondered if someone could help me grab the game dump?

You've donated and no access to the game dump? ; )
Check my private message.

PS: Thanks for the dump!

hyperneogeo

Quote from: AnnaWu on April 01, 2015, 04:48:02 AM
Quote from: X-Col on April 01, 2015, 03:55:06 AM
Great news!

You've donated and no access to the game dump? ; )
Check my private message.

PS: Thanks for the dump!

Thanks for helping him!

BlueBMW

We still have about $150 to put towards the next game unless someone wants part of their donation refunded.

skpstmgs

Does anyone know what software I need to restore these to floppies from an actual X68000? I tried MKIMG.X but it complained about the filesize. Thanks for dumping!

caius

Quote from: skpstmgs on April 01, 2015, 01:19:57 PM
Does anyone know what software I need to restore these to floppies from an actual X68000? I tried MKIMG.X but it complained about the filesize. Thanks for dumping!

Deadly Edge disk images have wrong size (though they work fine), this was due the dumping process I presume.The disk images have 16KB more which take the size of the file to  1.277.952 bytes instead of  1.261.568 bytes so they  are not recognized by emulators and programs like MKIMG.X.SO you have to cut the exceeding bytes to restore the original size.I have done this, if you give me permission I can post the right disk image here.

hyperneogeo

Quote from: caius on April 01, 2015, 05:02:44 PM
Quote from: skpstmgs on April 01, 2015, 01:19:57 PM

Deadly Edge disk images have wrong size (though they work fine), this was due the dumping process I presume.The disk images have 16KB more which take the size of the file to  1.277.952 bytes instead of  1.261.568 bytes so they  are not recognized by emulators and programs like MKIMG.X.SO you have to cut the exceeding bytes to restore the original size.I have done this, if you give me permission I can post the right disk image here.

Ok fixed that. Omiflop saw the disk as a 78 track disk, but I guess it's a 77 track game. Same link on IRC.

caius

Since I'm going to release here an updated Eidis Mini HDD image, I'd want to know if it would be possible to include also Deadly Edge.

skpstmgs

Anyone notice an issue in Deadly Edge when playing hard/god difficulty that sometimes your ship will spawn left of the screen and be stuck there/invisible? Happened to me on every play-through in those difficulties. Also, is the Midi music supposed to cut out after a certain time in boss battles? It didn't seem to repeat the track.

famiac

Could you dump the game using dpack, hyperneogeo?

caius

Quote from: skpstmgs on April 02, 2015, 01:26:11 PM
Anyone notice an issue in Deadly Edge when playing hard/god difficulty that sometimes your ship will spawn left of the screen and be stuck there/invisible? Happened to me on every play-through in those difficulties. Also, is the Midi music supposed to cut out after a certain time in boss battles? It didn't seem to repeat the track.

Yes, I had the issue of the ship being invisible me too.I think it's a bug.

gypsie

Hi,

Is the game available in XDF format ?

And of course how to get the game ^^

caius

The download link is available on channel #x68000 on EFNet server, use mIRC or other IRC client to reach it.

neko68k

Here's the music.
Songs that are labelled Fnn are for FM and songs labelled Snn are for SC88. Songs can be played from command line or from MMDSP. Playback requires that the ZPD is loaded as shown below. When you're done, you can run the bottom command to unload the ZMusic driver and free the PCM from memory.

demus.zip

Load PCM to ZMusic:
zmsc -t100 -bD_E.ZPD

Play song:
mzp dead_Xnn.zmd

Unload ZMusic:
zmsc -r

NFG

This thread got butchered by what appears to be a database error.  One post was lost, made by Netwalka.  The content was:

QuoteI MADE ROUGH DISK LABEL FOR FUN

3.5 INCH, 5.25 INCH FLOPPY AND 3.5 INCH MO DISK

Sorry about that.  The thread is now fixed.  Carry on.