HDD install Questions

Started by famiac, February 16, 2015, 01:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

famiac

Hello! I found an hdf image of the SFXVI fighter, but i can't open in in xm6g for now. I extracted the files with disk explorer, but when i try to run the game, i get a stage error.

Has anybody successfully installed this game to hdd?

Also, I can't figure out how to use the Space Harrier MIDI patch
http://shq.dyndns.org/x68pub/x68data/GAME/PATCH/SH_MIDI.LZH

Opethian

I think you still need to boot off the system disk to launch the game even if you have it on the HDD

eidis

Hi Famiac !

Here is an auto-booting HDF file with SFVI
http://nfggames.com/x68000/Games/Misc/SFXVI.zip

P.S. This game requires 8MB of RAM, though it is possible to make it work with 6MB.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

famiac

I have 12MB

Thanks eidis. I loaded your image into XM6. It only works on it's own (not on the V4 image). I'm gonna see if i can fix it somehow.

It crashes when it tries to load the stages. Maybe something has to be unloaded from memory if being run from the V4 image. Any ideas eidis?
It seems i can't delete the stage.cnf file from lhes.... i wonder what's going on.

anybody know about the SH midi patch?

eidis

Hi Famiac !

The game is hard-coded to SFXVI directory which needs to be in the drives root. Alter the beginning of !Start.bat file with the following lines if you want the game to reside in Games3.

echo off
subst a: a:\games3
cd sfxvi

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

famiac

Ahhhh ok that's what subst does. Thanks eidis. I'll try it out

SuperDeadite

SH Midi patch is a self installer.  Basically you need to boot from HDD, then insert a SH floppy disk and run the installer program.  You can of course do this via emulation as well if you don't want to bother writing a floppy.  This patch also supports the official analog patch too, but it's slightly more complicated.  This patch is also required for the CD Audio patch as well.

famiac

Thanks superdeadite! I'll try that out. Sorry i couldn't realize it from the doc.

The sfxvi install seems to be working now. Thanks eidis!

EDIT: Space harrier install worked! Just run HD_INST.BAT with your floppy drive letter as the parameter while a space harrier disk is inserted.

run SH_NOR for midi, and SH_PCM8 for PCM8