News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Xellent30s and SxSI

Started by famiac, February 07, 2015, 04:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

famiac

Alright, i'm trying to boot directly from an ID3 device on sasi machine using an xellent30s driver in SRAM.

Currently getting an error. There's a Japanese website that says to reboot while holding XF1. I will go try that. If anybody on the forum knows how this can work, please help me out.

Edit: got it working. I had to use ch30_2sx.sys instead of the normal sxsi driver install

Edit 2: i'm getting a lot of strange errors: bus error, illegal instruction, flickering logo in illumination laser, and more. i'm unable to change the cpu type during the boot. Is there a key i should hold down? For now i reset the driver back to the normal sxsi non-xt30 driver. I don't think the driver is working right...

eidis

Hi Famiac !

Try using filop.x

SCSI write error-correcting program FiloP.x version 0.04
http://nfggames.com/x68000/Mirrors/Groundzero%20Organization/x68tools/scsi/utils/filop004.lzh

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

famiac

Ok i'll try it soon. I have to set up my fd writing rig first. What is it supposed to do?

Is it possible to install more than one program in sram?

Edit: using filop does nothing afaik. I don't know if i'm running it correctly. I'm only using "3" as a parameter

Getting bus errors when i try to look at documents in lhes

Edit 4:
After clearing sram and changing boot parameters in switch.x, i get the following message if i boot with no floppy disk inserted
http://i.imgur.com/HvBvAHL.png
Anybody know why i'm getting an sram error even though my sram is clear and my battery is new?

Edit 5:
Figured out how to switch cpu modes using the sxsi driver. I think i was making the assumption that software would run normally in 030 mode. Would it be possible to use xellent30s to speed up illumination laser? Is this thing really only useful for netBSD...

Is it possible that xsimm10 interferes with xellent30s?