Thinking of getting a SCSI2SD

Started by efs, January 08, 2015, 02:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efs

Since I hear this adapter is pretty good for X68k use, I've been thinking of getting one. My XVI has been sitting around unused for a good year now, and I think it'd be a damn sorry waste to let that continue.

However, I'd like to know of any caveats/warnings/tips on getting and installing it, as well as these following questions:

*If I were to get the internal model (which is probably my best bet since the external SCSI2SD is out of stock), what sort of things would I have to do to get it hooked up to the PSU and working correctly? My X68k XVI is not an HD model, so I assume I'll need to procure/create some sort of wire for it. I think it was called a molex or something. Moreover, I have no experience with soldering or making my own custom connecters/wires.

*Does it hook right up to any ol' SCSI model X68000 or will I be needing some sort of adapter?

Basically, I'd like to know how to get this thing up and running with the least amount of hair-pulling.

Thanks.

H68k

It should be a simple case of making your own, IO board SCSI header to 50 pin IDC SCSI connector cable, and three pin power to molex power adapter cable (if you still have the 'tetris' block power supply) And your good to go.

http://gamesx.com/wiki/lib/exe/detail.php?id=x68000%3Ahard_drive_on_sasi_machine&media=x68000:x68000_26pin_to_50pin_scsi_cable_diagram.jpg

efs

Quote from: efs on January 08, 2015, 02:40:43 AM
Moreover, I have no experience with soldering or making my own custom connecters/wires.

Oh well. Guess I'd better hit the books!

eidis

Hi Efs !

This one's for you. ;)

If you don't have a SASI/SCSI cable
http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:don_t_have_a_sasi_scsi_cable

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

efs

Hey, thanks a lot, eidis. This is easier to understand.