News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Roland U-110 module

Started by BlueBMW, March 24, 2015, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

I recently picked up a Roland U-110 unit and had a thought.  If I understand it right the CM-32P is basically a computer module of the U-110.  So if I were to take a CM-32L module and connect it and the U-110 to my x68k and just pass the midi signal through and mix the outputs would it function the same as a CM-64?  I think the 32L uses certain midi channels while the 32P uses other channels that the 32L doesn't.  If I'm right then this should work.  Just curious if anyone has any input.  I have a cm-64 so it doesn't matter too much.  Just satisfying a curiosity.

SuperDeadite

Yes and no.  The CM-32P is a U110.  However the original U110 is basically an empty shell.  Meaning you would insert the 6 cards of your choosing, and those are the all the sounds it contains.  The 32P actually has about 10 of those cards pcm data built into its rom.  Hence it only has one slot.

Meaning, you can technically use it, if you have all the cards each game would use inserted.  And they would have to be in the correct order for the instruments to match up.  So yeah, there's a reason a U110 or U220 usually can be had for $50 or less on ebay...

BlueBMW

Yeah it was dirt cheap so I grabbed it out of curiosity.  I should look for some of the cards for fun.

Opethian

I bought 2 card off fox a while back for the U110 you can have em

Dal

Interesting - this thread reminded me I have a U-220 in storage.  So I pulled it out and hooked it up - seems to work well for some game tracks, others sound a bit odd.