News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

genocide

Started by craiganderson, October 02, 2014, 04:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craiganderson

it seems like the genocide (1) on the hds compilation disks dont work
anybody have another version in hdf or hds?
thanks
craig

eidis

Hi CraigAnderson !

Which compilation disk do you mean ?

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

craiganderson

i tried both the
x68000v4
and ngf2

all the rest are working fine
thanks

eidis

Hi CraigAnderson !

I see that you don't like to read the readme.txt files which came bundled with the V4. Here's an excerpt.

Games  - Can be launched from LHES
Games2 - Must be launched from pure DOS
Games3 - 4MB required

Let me explain. Many games are coded in a way that they use only the first 2MB of the system memory and do not go above it. You could have 10MB but they will still use only the first 2MB. These games must be launched from pure DOS or otherwise they will not run. Genocide1, 2 and Undeadline are some of them. Puzznic, for example, has corrupt sound effects if not launched from pure DOS. You will meet plenty of such games in Games2 directory. Here is how to launch them the quick and lazy way. Navigate to the desired games directory and press "Q" key two times. This will exit LHES and launch !Start.bat if it is in current directory.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

craiganderson

on teh x6800v4 disk
whenever the into is going
if i hit my controller button it goes back to menu inside x68000 disk

im gonna let it run its course without touching controller and see what happens
happened on the nfg 2 disk as wlel

update..never seems to get to a "start" type screen

craiganderson

thank you
ill go back and read
thanks

eidis

Hi CraigAnderson !

Do you mean Genocide1 or Genocide2 ? Genocide1 works from pure DOS without problems.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

craiganderson

Quote from: eidis on October 02, 2014, 04:41:45 AM
Hi CraigAnderson !

I see that you don't like to read the readme.txt files which came bundled with the V4. Here's an excerpt.

Games  - Can be launched from LHES
Games2 - Must be launched from pure DOS
Games3 - 4MB required

Let me explain. Many games are coded in a way that they use only the first 2MB of the system memory and do not go above it. You could have 10MB but they will still use only the first 2MB. These games must be launched from pure DOS or otherwise they will not run. Genocide1, 2 and Undeadline are some of them. Puzznic, for example, has corrupt sound effects if not launched from pure DOS. You will meet plenty of such games in Games2 directory. Here is how to launch them the quick and lazy way. Navigate to the desired games directory and press "Q" key two times. This will exit LHES and launch !Start.bat if it is in current directory.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

what is the quick and dirty way to launch from games3 folder?

and i have been starting games from all the folders by just clicking on the iStart file.......it seems like most of them work that way>? seems  like it was working

thanks
thanks
craig

eidis

Hi CraigAnderson !

Games which reside in Games3 directory need more than 2MB ram so the best and dirtiest way is to set the amount of memory to 4MB and then launch them from LHES or DOS.

The majority, which is in Games, should launch from LHES or DOS on a 2MB machine without any problems.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

craiganderson

im using an emulator and i always keep the setting on 12MB ram so i should be good to go i guess

eidis

Hi CraigAnderson !

Quoteim using an emulator and i always keep the setting on 12MB ram so i should be good to go i guess

That is correct.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis