You people up for a bad joke ? Check this :

Started by k.h., June 09, 2014, 11:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caius

Yes, I know this guy, he used this CompactXVI for HxC SD floppy emulator development doing a lot of tests.Anyway, he's going to sell the machine with the Eidis image onboard...
Eidis, why don't you put copyrights on your HDD images?  ;)

eidis

I think he wants to buy a car.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

Opethian

That Neptune card is worth some change. With everything included that's not that bad of a price :D

BlueBMW

98pacecar

Quote from: caius on June 09, 2014, 11:40:19 PM
Yes, I know this guy, he used this CompactXVI for HxC SD floppy emulator development doing a lot of tests.Anyway, he's going to sell the machine with the Eidis image onboard...
Eidis, why don't you put copyrights on your HDD images?  ;)

Does that mean that there may be a solution for the x68000 specific signals in an upcoming hxc?

caius

Quote from: 98pacecar on June 10, 2014, 04:00:09 AM

Does that mean that there may be a solution for the x68000 specific signals in an upcoming hxc?

No, I don't think, he only made initial test to connect the HxC to his X68000 through external FDD connector.Anyway if you want to properly use the HxC with your X68000 there is a simple circuit to build made by Kitahei88 (a japanese guy) who emulates two needed signals (FDD_INT and DISK_IN which are inputs on  the X68000 FDD interface) using three other signals (OPT.0, OPT0 and EJECT which are outputs).
I build it myself and I can say it works pretty well allowing me to load all the disk images I tried.Obviously it's not an official solution for the HxC and, its not immediate (you have to push a switch to communicate the disk image mounting) and it requires some work to be adapted (custom cable, soldering).Here is the circuit:

Within some days I will post here my HxC SD floppy emulator retrofitting on a X68000 CompactXVI, stay tuned!

98pacecar

Very cool! I'll be watching for your results!