Nintendo 64: DVI/VGA/HDMI output board

Started by Andy-Antsinpants, March 03, 2014, 04:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy-Antsinpants

I just found Marshall's N64 HDMI Converter on the web and thought this might be interesting for you guys.

From what I can see, this board connects to the output of the RCP and somehow converts it into DVI and VGA.
I'm not sure about the details. If this grabs the digital output, this could be a great mod for crystal clear digital video. If this mod just grabs the analog RGB-, S-Video- or Composite Signals, then I don't see any advantages over the traditional N64 video mods.

ApolloBoy

Quote from: Andy-Antsinpants on March 03, 2014, 04:08:11 AMIf this grabs the digital output, this could be a great mod for crystal clear digital video. If this mod just grabs the analog RGB-, S-Video- or Composite Signals, then I don't see any advantages over the traditional N64 video mods.

Quote from: RetroactiveSince it attaches directly to the output of the RCP before any video processing is done
So yes, it uses the digital output.

Tighe

I have been on the waiting list and anxiously waiting for it to be released!

RGB32E

It should be cool if this guy actually makes them and they work well!

Even kotaku published an article recently:
http://kotaku.com/an-hdmi-mod-for-the-nintendo-64-thats-a-good-start-1533282309

I saw no mention in the article or comments about just RGB modding and scaling with a XRGB, but I guess that's to be expected.  ???  :P