Alternatives to PAL Megadrive mk1 language switch?

Started by Guest_gizmo1990, April 05, 2004, 04:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guest_gizmo1990

I'm attempting a language switch for my MK1 pal megadrive but my jumpers are in a different position and order to the faqs I've seen?

Instead of the more usual horizontal order such as this:

jp3 jp4 jp2 jp1
 |   |   |   |
jp3 jp4 jp2 jp1

Mine goes like this:

jp1--jp1
jp2--jp2
jp3--jp3
jp4--jp4

Does anyone know, or know of a site that details the order I should wire up jp1 and jp2 to achieve a language switch?

I've tried it the way I thought but it ended up causing the machine to not turn on!!?? When I revert back (reconnect jp2) it works fine again.

Any advice appreciated.

Jim.

NFG

This isn't brain surgery, man.  You're dealing with simple electrical connections, they are either open (not connected) or closed (connected).  If you lack the tools or are simply unable to figure out the common point between the two jumpers then simply get a switch that will accomodate your inability.

The reason your machine didn't turn on is you connected GND to VCC and caused a direct short, which is bad.

Mazza

How about showing how to do it rather than simply saying 'your stupid?'  :blink:  <_<  

benzaldehyde

Sorry Mazza, we don't serve fish; we teach you how to fish. It's no different than a normal mod, just tilted 90 degrees to the left. But, this is your first time, so simply go from this pic connecting the switches where need be. Just this once, though, because from now on you'll need to learn more about electronics in the game of console modding. ;)

NFG

QuoteHow about showing how to do it rather than simply saying 'your stupid?'

That's "you're", not "your".

Thanks benzaldehyde.