Quality Replacement Gamecube Potentiometers?

Started by Informationator, October 08, 2015, 11:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Informationator

Hey all,

I've hunted around quite a bit and have not been able to find a good source for gamecube potentiometers.  Does anyone have one?  I found THESE GUYS on eBay and bought one from them, but their listing is wrong.  At the time it had a different picture (which they changed after I got a refund).  ...but that potentiometer is too large/wide and the joystick stem is not the right size/shape.

HERE is one of the recent discussions on this I can find and it looks like they're just moving the potentiometers from the c-stick over to the joystick or harvesting from a dead controller's c-stick.  I have a wavebird without a receiver that I could gut for this but I really don't want to ruin a perfectly good controller just to fix another controller...

Daijoubu

From the same vendor, you need the Wii sticks, not GC sticks which are larger (16.7 x 16.7 x 18.2mm vs 20.3 x 19.8 x 19.4mm)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nintendo-Wii-Joystick-Potentiometer-10K-Thumb-Game-Repair-Replacement/291470358607

I've ordered a few from him, will report back once I get them.

Daijoubu

Out of the 10, one was a dud (one of the axis potentiometer read OL ohm all the time), seller refunded me that stick no problem.

I measured the resistance for variations and most were 2-4% off between each axis which is within tolerance (+/- 20%, so 8-12k for a 10k pot).
I suppose calibration should take care of that.

Assembled 4 boards, 2 tested fine, waiting for next batch of GC style stick so I can rip out the housing, should be at the PO tomorrow :)