News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Trade section?

Started by Shadow_Zero, March 22, 2013, 08:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow_Zero

Is a trade (and perhaps buy/sale) section not a nice addition to this forum?
If I look at my own situation, there's some stuff I want to get rid off, but also some stuff I'm still scooping around for  ;)
(kinda like Bordersdown for example: http://www.bordersdown.net/forums/6-Trading )

kendrick

This is Lawrence's board, so he's free to establish such a subforum (or not) as he sees fit.

With that said, it's currently my impression that we won't be doing that sort of thing here on GamesX. There are a lot of legal considerations related to sale and trade boards, even without the complications of international shipping and the issues of development kit ownership.

However, if you want to post (in the appropriate forum) about an item you have that's available, as moderator I generally won't have any sort of objection. I'd like to ask that if you do engage in that sort of exchange, be civil and communicate by PM as needed.

Shadow_Zero

I understand what you say completely. Though my thought would also be that the GamesX forum is a very small and VERY specific community with noble and well behavioured visitors which would make moderation pretty much unneeded   ;)

I would think it should be as non-commercial as possible and mainly serves a purpose for the hobby community (like, "Who's interested in my SNES spare parts" or "Can anyone help me with a RGB moddable N64?", stuff like that)

In any case, concerning your last line, what would be the appropriate forum now?

kendrick

That depends on the item you want to trade, doesn't it? If you have 68000 gear to trade, use the 68000 forum. If you have an upscaler or a PAL/NTSC convertor, put it in the RGB/Video section. A Jamma board or connector would go in the Aracde section. And so on.

NFG

I'm not averse to setting up a BST forum, nor do I really think it'll cause a lot of trouble.  I worry, however, that it'll be under-utilized.  This forum gets a small amount of awesome traffic, I don't know that there's enough to sustain a dedicated BST forum...

Thoughts?

Fix_Metal

Quote from: Lawrence on March 28, 2013, 08:11:48 AM
I'm not averse to setting up a BST forum, nor do I really think it'll cause a lot of trouble.  I worry, however, that it'll be under-utilized.  This forum gets a small amount of awesome traffic, I don't know that there's enough to sustain a dedicated BST forum...

Thoughts?
Maybe you're just right, but when people comes here it's usually because they have console hardware related problems. Therefore a BST could help a lot when looking for parts.

Shadow_Zero

Perhaps try it as a test for a certain period and see how it goes?
I would still like to see such a section on the boards  :)

(saw I wasn't the first one with this question heh: http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=3806.0 )

Shadow_Zero

No update in this department?  :)

Shadow_Zero

Just giving it another shot   ;)

NFG

Done.  Make it worth the 45 seconds it took me to set it up.  ;)

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?board=28.0

micro

That's a cool addition to the forums, thanks Lawrence! :)
I'll definitely set up a trading thread, that's for sure.

But Shadow-Zero, after years of lobbying, I thought you would be the first one to establish a BST thread, haha. ;D

Shadow_Zero

My apologies! My life has been about buying a house and settling in (still settling, but I guess that's a lifetime's work XD ) and getting married and becoming a dad. Only now I seem to have been able to slightly bend some thoughts to the retro gaming hobbies again  XD

With that said, I have no clue anymore what I wanted to post in the BST lol! Maybe it will get back to me! Thanks for the effort in any case L!

EDIT:
I see it's quite filled, nice! :D

famiac

I've beeen gone a minute... what's happened to the B/S/T board?

NFG

Quote from: famiac on June 20, 2022, 05:27:04 PMI've beeen gone a minute... what's happened to the B/S/T board?

What do you mean?  It exists, last post was yesterday. 

Jehuty

I also canĀ“t see / reach it ?

NFG

There was a weird issue where two membergroups were not allowed to see ANY boards.  I've gone through and enabled all permissions for those groups, but according to the docs, members in those groups were also in groups with post-count requirements (so, anyone who had ever posted) and none of those groups were restricted.

So, no one should have been restricted.  Hopefully what I've changed will force the forum to re-think its evil ways, and grant everyone entry.  I have no doubt you'll let me know if it doesn't work.  <3