KADE Encoder and Kick Starter Project

Started by johnm, November 25, 2012, 08:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnm

The KADE encoder is about ready to launch as a KickStarter project and we're really pleased to announce this to the community,  who will hopefully support the project,  and contribute to it's future development.

Our aim is to make it easy for arcade enthusiasts, stick builders and retro gamers to interact with their computers, consoles and DIY arcade projects.  This is made possible with a ground breaking combination of open source hardware, and software.

KADE = Kick Ass Dynamic Encoder

This video provides a comprehensive introduction to KADE,  the hardware,  the software and the development team.

KADE Encoder and Kick Starter Project

Please take a few minutes to watch the video and we appreciate your comment.

more info: http://kadevice.com

Pingu

So it's a hopefully cheaper, more compact i-pac with a more modern configuration interface? That's kind of nice I guess. It seems kind of annoying to mount though without holes in it, though they might not be visible from the picture and if I placed a small computer in the cabinet or had it outside I'd need an extension cord or have it sit in the usb socket due to it having a male plug.

johnm

There are holes in the PCB to mount it.. Generally there are usb headers on the PCB motherboard, if a PC is placed inside a cab you can have the kade connected to a usb to pin header cable..