SH-6BN1 Card - Anyone need this?

Started by BlueBMW, May 02, 2012, 01:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Hey all, A compact I just got in has one of these cards in it.  I guess its for hooking up a scanner or something....  Do any of you techie guys have a use for it?

SuperDeadite

lydux

:)

This is a generic PPI card which can be used for many purposes, not only for a scanner.
The main chip here is a 8255 PPI, a simple device commonly used by beginners in hardware/software interface development.
It provides 24 bits line wired to the external port. You can use any of these 24 pins as input or output to do whatever you want with them.

Some ideas which can be simply done with such card : LED or LCD screen control, interfacing to a microcontroller or ide hard drive, eprom reader/writer, ...

BlueBMW

Id assume that software would need to be written to perform such awesome things.  Would you like the card lydux?  Pm me an address and ill send it to you.  (International is ok)

Quote from: lydux on May 02, 2012, 10:03:15 PM
:)

This is a generic PPI card which can be used for many purposes, not only for a scanner.
The main chip here is a 8255 PPI, a simple device commonly used by beginners in hardware/software interface development.
It provides 24 bits line wired to the external port. You can use any of these 24 pins as input or output to do whatever you want with them.

Some ideas which can be simply done with such card : LED or LCD screen control, interfacing to a microcontroller or ide hard drive, eprom reader/writer, ...

lydux

Quote from: BlueBMW
Id assume that software would need to be written to perform such awesome things.  Would you like the card lydux?  Pm me an address and ill send it to you.  (International is ok)

Of course soft side have to be written, but programming this stuff is really easy (even with XBasic !) and a good practise to understand hard/soft relationship.
Thanks for your proposal, that's nice. But better keeping this for someone who want to try some funny hardware things with a x68000. I'm more interesting into higher level addons, and anyway I got some 8255 laying around so I could build one myself as needed.

BlueBMW

My programming experience is pretty minimal at best, but maybe its time to start learning again.

But if anyone else is interested in this card for an experiment, let me know!