Disks getting stuck in the drives.

Started by SuperDeadite, January 29, 2012, 01:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDeadite

So the new drives in my XVI are reading the disks a lot better then the old drives.  But,
often disks get stuck in Drive 1 and it's starting to get annoying.   :'(  The original drive 1 never did this,
any ideas as to why it's getting stuck in there?   (Has never occured in Drive 0, only Drive 1) ???

eidis

Hi !

It could be that the floppy disk slot of your drives is not aligned in parallel with the orifice of the case. The big screws which hold the metal plate with both floppy drives attached to the case could be a good place to start. It could happen that the metal plate is slightly misaligned. If not, please be more specific on how the error occurs.

Best of luck !
Eidis

P.S. Have you tried swapping drive 0 with drive 1 ?
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

SuperDeadite

hmm well did a lot of tests,  disks only get stuck in drive 1 if they are loaded for a good amount of time. 
Like put  a disk in, eject it 5 mins later and always works.  Play a game for an hour though and it gets
stuck in there.  Also Drive 1 is a lot louder then Drive 0.  I haven't opened up the drive block yet, but
I'm thinking the drive needs to be lubed.  Any advice on what kind of lube to use?