News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

GCC

Started by neko68k, January 22, 2012, 07:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neko68k

I got the gcc build system working. Guide to come(after I do KOWIN :-)

eidis

Did I understood correctly that there will be a port of Linux distributive for the X68000 ?  :o

Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

neko68k

Nah :D We can build lots of stuff from source now though, so translations are possible for some stuff without hacking. FWIW though theres lots of Linux console programs ported.

lydux

Hot thread for me here ! :)

I just want to point out that I do not use this thing anymore. It's a very, very, very old port of gcc that miss some important features of newer C implementations, interesting gcc switchs (like optimizations) and a correct calling convention. It also rely on Hudson assembler (HAS) and linker (HLK) for building objects file, the assembler use some non-standardized m68k instructions and produce object compatible only with the toolset.
Because of all of this, porting newer programs can really be a pain ! Trust me ! :)

But I strongly encourage you to build-up this tutorial if it could show interest in x68k development in the community !
This is what I'm looking for, so thank you neko68k ! :)

neko68k

Well I have both available versions working, the 1.4 base and the 2.6.x base. 2.6.x is a bit more like what we expect to see in a modern gcc. I'm using has060 and I dont remember which version of hlk. Sorting out the correct versions was the hard part :D

lydux

Humm... I think I should show you something I'm working on  ;)

I've modified the latest binutils and gcc to add XFile support for producing human68k binary (executables, drivers or sram target objects) using a linux or windows box.
It needs some work (it can only generate XFile right now, not read them) and I also miss a libc. But it works well.
I've also a working library for syscalling IPL or DOS functions (iocscall and doscall).

I'll release all this later, when considering it's stable enough. But you can PM if you're interested.  :)

neko68k

Very nice sir! I'll get back to you ;)