psx memory card access led

Started by phreak97, March 18, 2004, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

i know i posted this before but i chose the title badly so most people probably ignored it...
i have a clear (official sony) psx memory card i use in my local ddr machine.. i put in a nice green power led  but i would love to make it that little bit fancier with a red one that comes on when the card is in use.. any info would be much appreciated  
lawrence i guess you dont have it anymore, or else you would have posted it..

thanks.

fragment

how do you put in a LED in a memory card? Access LED would be cool, but I just want to put in a light in general.

phreak97

get me on msn or aim:
msn: phreak98@hotmail.com
aim: phreak9700

im at school atm and i dont remember the pinout for the card

fragment

Quoteget me on msn or aim:
msn: phreak98@hotmail.com
aim: phreak9700

im at school atm and i dont remember the pinout for the card
Never heard from you, so mind giving us some help? I want either a standard or access LED in my PS2 and PS1 memory cards.

thanks,

Erik

phreak97

this should be what your wanting.. psx/ps2 will be the same for this.. its when your getting into the data stuff that they get different.

btw.. if you had messaged me on one of those messenger services i would have replied.

fragment

Oh it's all good... I wasn't upset or anything. Thanks for the photo! I will trace those pins to find a point on the memory card that I can use for a small LED. I will try it on a PS1 first, then a PS2. Awesome! Yeah, I don't really IM anymore...

fragment

Here is a picture of my memory cards. I need to find a brighter RED/WHITE LED for the red memory card though.  

fragment

another shot

benzaldehyde

Cool. Fragment has generously added much to the information heap. ;) That's a power LED; in your travels did you come accross a point where you could attach a data access LED. The only think cooler than an LED is a blinking LED! :D

fragment

well phreak97 had the actual data, I just went ahead and did it. The picture he sent was for a PS1 memory card, but as he stated the power and grounds are the same. I used a multimeter to trace a point for ground and the 3.3V since 5V would be too high for the LED's I had. However, the solder isn't really sticking to these tiny points, so maybe it would be better to solder to the very top part of the main contact point. One time I powered up and the LED didn't come on, but it is fine now (should I be a little concerned about that?). I will eventually take some photos of the PS2 memory card. It was a real simple job. What I have no clue how to do is to make a data LED. Just to get fancy, I would like to eventually get a clear PS1 memory card and do the same!  :)

benzaldehyde

Mwaha! I though the kudos toward phreak were understood, but just in case: Kudos, phreak. :)

That does not sound right when you say it aloud...

phreak97

:) glad to help..

lawrence once told me himself that an access led IS possible in a psx memory card. he said he didnt know if he still had the schematics but he would get back to me if he found them.. he never gave me them so i guess he doesnt have them..

EDIT:
/me whispers to lawrence: "this is the part where you come in and say 'look people, i found the diagram' then everyone will be like 'omg lawrence your so good! thankyou thankyou thankyou!'"