Starting on Saturn region mod

Started by psirockin, June 23, 2011, 01:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psirockin

Hey, I want to do a 3 way switch mod on my Saturn but am not sure where to start. I've opened it up but am not sure the exact way to get to the motherboard. I'm obviously a beginner but every tutorial I find doesn't really explain the beginnings of the mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the tutorial I was going to follow http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/sega/saturnregion.htm The model number is MK-80000 and has oval buttons.

NFG

How exactly are you not sure 'how to get to the motherboard'?  Remove 5 screws.  Open Saturn.  Remove more screws.  Remove motherboard.  What's the mystery?

Once open, look for the jumpers on the motherboard.  They may all be on one side, or they may be divided.  Then, start solderin'.

psirockin

Am I just supposed to lift the entire power and disc assembly? It's screwed down so I removed the screws but it doesn't seem to budge much? Believe me, I know I sound totally stupid, but as I said I'm a beginner...

NFG

The CD assembly is locked down by one metal strap, and 4 screws at the base of four posts.  Then just lift it off.