TV for NES!!

Started by Pik4chu, January 11, 2011, 08:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pik4chu

Hello GameSX!

i was wondering wich TV specificly is the best for NES!
iv heard rumors about lag and such with a HD TV (no idea if its true)

Plz help me and tell wich is the best!

Many tight hugs and wet kisses Pik4chu!!

Jibbajaba

Any CRT TV will work fine.  If you are looking to buy a good used TV to play old systems on, just look for a good brand.  A cheap TV (like an Insignia or some such) should be avoided.  You can buy a nice Sony CRT SDTV on Craigslist for like $20.

Chris

ScumBum

The best TV's are the ones from the 80's . I have two that were made in 1987 and the colors are way better than any TV from the 90's and on .

They have that bright color glow like an arcade monitor .

90's TV's are more sharp and defined but lack the bright color .

I even picked up some Sony Trinitron studio monitors and the older 80's TV still have much better color .

phreak97

when talking crt's it's down to personal preference. as you can see some people like the authentic 80's feel, and I used to too until I got into import gaming a bit and couldnt play any ntsc games on my tv (I had a 68cm wooden Thorn tv with an ultrasonic remote until about six years ago. I used a vcr as a converter from composite to rf)

Then I got a good quality 68cm Panasonic flat crt which was about $750 at the time. It's got the best picture and colour quality I've ever seen on a crt and I still use it now.

I got an lcd hdtv a little while later and ended up using it as a computer monitor because the picture quality was garbage.

then I got an 82cm flat sony trinitron because 68cm is a bit small by todays standards.. but no that sucked too in comparison, so back to my old 68cm Panasonic.