Namco RGB encoder questions?

Started by sharp, November 26, 2013, 04:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharp

I decided to build a supergun. To make this thing have the broadest horizon, I figured I should get an RGB encoder to use on any TV. I bought a Namco RGB encoder from the projection cabinets. When I received my pre-soldered jamma harness, I had the realization that I just undermined my own ability by buying this pre-soldered. Not only that, but by undermining my ability and trying to take the easy way, it became harder. The harness arrived lacking a -5v wire on top/bottom. It also does not have the right molex housing to fit my RGB encoder. After that, it made me think about what pin is what on the Namco RGB board. I had trouble finding anything out about it.
I am even confused about which side is Top and Bottom... Because the pinout, the only major difference on 1 side or the other are the video signals, 1 side has a ground with the 2 video signals, I think pin 12&13?
On his, I dont know if he put the ground on the top or bottom.  :-[
Everyway I look at this thing, it looks the same on both sides. Is there a definite way to know which is top and bottom?

Any advice would be awesome, and thanks in advance!  ;D

NFG

That's it?  No photos, links, schematics? 

Generally when I'm trying to work out which side is which I look for the ground and power lines first, and then start working out which wires have to be present to function and eliminating the possibilities one by one. 

sharp

Sorry

What confuses me about this jamma harness is that what I thought was the top is lacking the ground after the 2 video signals. I suppose the ground could be on either side though. Im sorry for the foolish questions.  :-[

NFG

Well top and bottom of the JAMMA connector are obvious, they're even marked, it seems.  Not all ground pins are required, so don't worry about missing ones. 

EDIT: sorry, was replying on my phone.  Didn't realize the connector labels were in Chinese.  =)

sharp

the chip is a sony cxa1645m

I tried to figure out the headers pinout using a multimeter and couldnt figure it out. :-[