News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

SNSP-CPU-1CHIP-02

Started by phreak97, December 21, 2003, 07:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

well.. i fried my old snes as some of you may know.. i finally bought a new one from a friends friend.. anyway i bring it home and open it up ready for the mod, what i find is ONE BIG CPU CHIP! everything is condenced.. there are 3 chips above the cart slot insterad of 6.. there are 5 chips under it instead of 9 (i am counting the little ones too) below the slot there is only one S-WRAM A chip. the two chips without nintendo written on them are still there but moved. there is a small chip above the top left of the reset button then the one cpu (S-CPUN A) above the two chips lacking nintendo and thats all.. above the slot it seems the s-smp and s-dsp chips are now one.. (S-APU) the small nec chip is gone.. and all the other chips are gone too replaced by 3 small ones.

I WANT TO MOD THIS.. HOW THE HELL DO I DO IT???

matt

You are lost!  There is no known 50/60hz mod for the newer SNES consoles, so until someone figures out what the differences between the PAL and NTSC models are, nobody will know.

SnoWglobE

Hi
I bought a SNES with the same motherboard "SNSP-CPU-1CHIP-02", and after
some suching i found a forum with some instuction. I notist that this forum is
old and dont feel like wrighting it here if no one is going to have use of it. i have
no garanti that it works, for im stell serching for a 21.47777mHz xtal/crystal
that ill ned when im going to mod it. and i haven found any feed bak from any
one that don it.

if you like to know more plz contact me on my mail Tobias.T@live.se (write in ENG or SWE)

SnoWglobE

I made this page on wiki, if u need som pictures

no reason y i did that but any way hare is it XD

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/SNSP-CPU-1CHIP-02