adding rgb to crt tv again...

Started by narke, December 04, 2010, 05:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

narke

As the subject suggests, my friend and I are back at it modding tvs to accept RGB.  Thanks to your help we were able to get a Samsung K51A chassis to work on RGB.  While I was away at college my buddy told me he picked up the exact same tv so I told him to go ahead and make the same circuit as before, but it turns out our new chassis is a little bit different and we are not getting perfect results.  Our new chassis is a Samsung KCT52B and we hooked up to it a circuit modeled after the one we used for the K51A.

The problem we seem to be having is a sync problem(or at least we think it is), we get color and a picture but the picture scrolls across the screen rapidly.  We are currently having suspicions that either we can't use the same circuit as our K51A or we made a mistake somewhere on our circuit.  So my question is, should our circuit work because there's no significant differences between the models or should we be doing something a little bit different to make it work properly?  I don't have a picture of our circuit design handy but will put one up if it'll help any.

Thanks!

narke

Well, we figured out our sync issue but have come across yet another problem.  We receive interference when an RGB signal is sent to our tv, we have done one attempt at shielding our project but that didn't solve anything.  We're planning on reducing the wiring and replace resistors and caps, hoping that may help.  We'd like to know your thoughts on what may help reduce the noise, thanks.