Trade Xbox360 for x68000?

Started by chester77, December 13, 2010, 01:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester77

If anyone is interested in trading a working x68000 for a Modified (not banned, guaranteed!) Xbox360, please let me know.

I don't need a monitor. I don't really even need a keyboard, but I would really like one.

If this sounds even mildly appealing to you let me know and maybe we can work something out.

The xbox360 is the older model without HDMI. I do have a VGA to HDMI adapter I would be willing to throw in if you wanted it.

The adapter works VERY WELL but it blows out the contrast. You just need to turn it down on your TV.

I'm not that up on the game requirements for the x68000 but I am looking for one that will run Ghouls N Ghosts.

Thanks.

Steve

eidis

Why do you want to do that ? X68000 systems pop up on eBay all the time. I saw a listing for X68000 compact recently going for ~150 USD. Yahoo Auctions is a good place to look if there are none on eBay and most of the times they will be cheaper and with some neat accessories like keyboard or some ram expansion.

http://mdl.livejournal.com/9953.html

This link might give you some hints ;)

Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

chester77

Quote from: eidis on December 14, 2010, 06:01:04 AM
Why do you want to do that ? X68000 systems pop up on eBay all the time. I saw a listing for X68000 compact recently going for ~150 USD. Yahoo Auctions is a good place to look if there are none on eBay and most of the times they will be cheaper and with some neat accessories like keyboard or some ram expansion.

http://mdl.livejournal.com/9953.html

This link might give you some hints ;)

Eidis

I want to trade because I have a multitude of xbox360 systems in my house. I can afford to let one or two go.

I don't want to buy one from Japan because I don't want to pay the excessive shipping charges.

Steve

papa_november

eBay prices on X68000s are so much higher than they are on YAJ that the cost of re-shipping is almost irrelevant.

You will not be able to trade a 360 for one, either. Things just don't work that way, and a 360 is worth a lot less than the average X68000 anyway. Sell the excess 360(s) and put that money towards the X68000.

chester77

Quote from: papa_november on December 14, 2010, 08:24:26 PM
eBay prices on X68000s are so much higher than they are on YAJ that the cost of re-shipping is almost irrelevant.

You will not be able to trade a 360 for one, either. Things just don't work that way, and a 360 is worth a lot less than the average X68000 anyway. Sell the excess 360(s) and put that money towards the X68000.

I have looked on YAJ auctions and for the model I want it is much more expensive that the $165 I see it going for on ebay right now. The shipping on that unit is $93. I am trying to avoid paying more than $50 for shipping.

This isn't a regular xbox360. It is a modified xbox360 meaning it plays backup games. A modified 360 is worth at least $150. comparing that to the prices on ebay right now, it's not a bad trade. If ebay prices are high (according to you), then apparently the xbox360 isn't worth a lot less as you claim.

I also stated that I would work with whoever was trading with me,  so maybe xbox360 and some cash, or some accessories, etc...

I'm willing to be reasonable.

If you aren't interested that's fine, but there's no harm in me offering to make a trade.

I

NFG

I would like to remind that we don't really encourage discussion of backups and playing copied games here.  I'm sure the only reason any of the regulars would want a modded 360 is so they could play their vast libraries of legitimately imported softs. 

chester77

I'm not talking about pirated software at all.

I said it plays backups. Games are expensive and backups should be used whenever possible.

A modded Xbox360 does not allow out of region games to be played.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, or piss anyone off.

I can't believe how much flack I am getting for offering to make a trade.

NFG

Bonus points for reading comprehension.

Quote from: mewe don't really encourage discussion of backups and playing copied games here.

Quote from: youI'm not talking about pirated software at all.   I said it plays backups.

Look, you came here and made an offer, and people are talking to you as if you're an intelligent human being.  Go back and read the replies - no one's giving you flak, we're discussing your offer.  

If you're not able to engage in such conversation, maybe you should make your offer elsewhere.  Or you could, you know, realize you're overreacting and get back to trying to trade stuff.

Actually, this post might count as flak...

papa_november

Oh boy! An out-of-warranty 360! That is modded and therefore could be banned at any second!

The 360 is so unreliable that it's not so much purchased as rented. Also, the system is not fully cracked and may never be fully cracked, so the existing mods are limited to piracy ONLY and cannot run unsigned code.

Sorry, but I don't buy it being worth as much as an X68000. I don't even buy it being worth much of anything on the open market, given that a modded modern console is actually harder to sell than a non-modded modern console.

This is entirely the wrong place to sell such a thing.

eidis

He is offering to trade a Xenon XBOX360 which is notoriously famous for it's RROD for an X68000. Sounds like a sweet deal :D
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

Endymion

Quote from: papa_november on December 15, 2010, 08:50:38 PM
the existing mods are limited to piracy ONLY and cannot run unsigned code.

Not true.

kendrick

Everyone, I'm locking this topic. Chester's offer is declared on-topic, but it doesn't merit further debate. Please take any negotiation or discussion to PM, please.