super scope power requirements

Started by Drakon, November 29, 2010, 01:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon

I swear if I didn't need to use AA batteries and could simply plug it into a wall I'd be using my super scope all the time.  I was wondering what type of power input this beast of a gun takes and if it's possible to find an ac adapter that gives the right amount of power.

NFG

Power is easy: (number of batteries) x 1.5V = power.  A quick googling shows Amps from an AA might theoretically max out at 2400mA, but it's much more likely that these things draw a tenth that, or less.  Pretty much any power adaptor of the appropriate voltage should work, I'd guess. 

Anyone want to back me up or call me an idiot?  Reply button's at the bottom of your screen.  =)

Drakon

Quote from: Lawrence on November 29, 2010, 01:14:03 PM
Power is easy: (number of batteries) x 1.5V = power.  A quick googling shows Amps from an AA might theoretically max out at 2400mA, but it's much more likely that these things draw a tenth that, or less.  Pretty much any power adaptor of the appropriate voltage should work, I'd guess. 

Anyone want to back me up or call me an idiot?  Reply button's at the bottom of your screen.  =)

lol, sounds like the right approach to me.  This would probably be easier to find out if I just bought myself a multimeter